Credit Suisse Global Challenge Discussion

I made 30+ submissions on q4 (trading) , but was just able to get 87/90 . I think that this problem was more biased towards the accurate precision calculation.

that was the worst problem of the whole challenge and I realised later that there was no point of doing that challenge .
#TimeWaste

2 Likes

Well not a time waste. Yes, Q4 was a bit annoying and was just based on precision, but scoring high, can earn you an interview call. So its worth it.

Were you able to solve q4?

86/90

1. its driving me crazy :confused:

any chance for getting a call with global rank 59?

:raised_hands: high chance.
Also could you share your approach for 4th. Got 84

1 Like

Even I have the same doubt,I got 85 correct.Can anyone with 90/90 in 4th question explain their approach?

No, very difficult as last year I got 1 and still they didn’t call me :frowning:

1 Like

Answer for exercise 4:
I can explained in which way the exercise 4 was wrong (I warned the organization, and they answered me as of I hadn’t understood the exercise, so you can always complain to them)
The input and the output were simply not with “exactly 2 decimals” but rather with “up to 2 decimals”. So the 0 at the end should be omitted.

Took me a few hours to reverse engineer their mistake, so I was quite mad that they answered me as if I was dumb :upside_down_face:

1 Like

What do you mean “up to 2 decimals”? Can you please elaborate more.

The 0 at the end should be omitted. If you take the example of the exercise where they answer “0.50”, it should instead be “0.5”

1 Like

But in the sample test cases they displayed their answer as X.0000? If this was the case, then the sample outputs are also wrong.

Yup, my answer passed the “Submit” button, but not the “Run” button

lol

What about the verification process? Do we get mail for verification?

Why are credit suisse global coding challenge rank shifting??any idea??

1 Like

maybe they are running plagiarism check

1 Like

they are checking plagiarism maybe