Does CodeChef have any Code Of Conduct?

Hi klu_2000031822,

We found a few of your codes in March Long Two 2022, Division 4 (Rated) to be similar to other users’ submissions. We have disqualified all your Submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as a penalty, and we might also permanently ban some of the cheaters. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1 and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within one week if you think you are being wrongly penalized. However, before you do that kindly go through our CodeChef Code Of Conduct, FAQ, and our blog post on the cheating saga below, and make sure that knowingly or unknowingly you have not violated any of those points:

Please do not write back or approach us if you have violated any of the rules. If you do so, your explanation won’t be considered and we will block your account without any intimation. Additionally, ensure that you don’t repeat the mistake as your account will definitely be deactivated if caught on the second instance.

Note: If your solutions of other contests also have been removed, it is due to being caught under plagiarism for those contests as well.

Regards,

The Chef

i got this mail from the codechef team even I didn’t share to code anyone only1% change to match the in group discussion try to solve this problem and let me know how can i stop to plagiarism

Hi klu_2000031822,

We found a few of your codes in March Long Two 2022, Division 4 (Rated) to be similar to other users’ submissions. We have disqualified all your Submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as a penalty, and we might also permanently ban some of the cheaters. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1 and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within one week if you think you are being wrongly penalized. However, before you do that kindly go through our CodeChef Code Of Conduct, FAQ, and our blog post on the cheating saga below, and make sure that knowingly or unknowingly you have not violated any of those points:

Please do not write back or approach us if you have violated any of the rules. If you do so, your explanation won’t be considered and we will block your account without any intimation. Additionally, ensure that you don’t repeat the mistake as your account will definitely be deactivated if caught on the second instance.

Note: If your solutions of other contests also have been removed, it is due to being caught under plagiarism for those contests as well.

Regards,

The Chef

I got this mail from codechef even i did’t share a code also they are givimg me as a plagiarism .

i don’t know how this happened . i really regret for it

I have not done any cheating in April long challenge two that are my own codes and I have written it in c language I have not taken any once code or copied from anywhere

I have written it myself also in staters 36 I haven’t cheated through anyones codes.

I have not anything wrong in that why I am being plagarised I haven’t copied from anyone anycode or any reference I did it myself

Dear chef,

Myself Rohit, userId: razdan123
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/66152385
Today I received a mail regarding some plagiarism in my code which I never did. I would like to say that it is very disheartening when your hard work goes in vein with such type of wrong plagiarism checking. The code was very short and simple So might be some wrote it as I did. But it doesn’t mean that I copied it from anyone.

I will request the chef not to plagiarise the penalty for this and will suggest CodeChef to have a better plagiarism checker logic.

Thanking you

Rohit Razdan

razdan123

Dear chef,

Myself Rohit, userId: razdan123

Today I received a mail regarding some plagiarism in my code which I never did. I would like to say that it is very disheartening when your hard work goes in vein with such type of wrong plagiarism checking. The code was very short and simple So might be some wrote it as I did. But it doesn’t mean that I copied it from anyone.

I will request the chef not to plagiarise the penalty for this and will suggest CodeChef to have a better plagiarism checker logic.

Thanking you

Rohit Razdan

razdan123

Hi @razro_5826 - you can just reply to the email - the contest team will look at your appeal.

i don’t the guy whose code was similar to my code , eventhough i’m really sorry . i don’t want to be panalized for this.

I am new to CodeChef. I am not sure what can be considered improper conduct on this website. I do not want to be penalized for doing something that is not acceptable behavior. The format I didn’t know correctly

Actually i think you should penalize the person who plagiarized the code from me… Where i submitted the code before someone and I’m the one who did it. How can you penalize me? I don’t know who’s that person who kept the exact code which i was written…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Updates on curtailing plagiarism

I have not copied the code anywhere. I have done it in my own way

Name - Anup Dinesh Tandale
username- a_t29
To whomsoever concerned,

I write this email to express my disappointment on the disqualification of my submissions in the recent starters 84 div 3 contest that took place on 5/4/2023. Apparently, Codechef thinks i have submitted plagiarized code in this contest, although I have NOT. Neither have I copied code from any source nor do I know the person with whom my code has matched.

I understand there are thousands of submission on codechef in each contest and its hard to keep the competition fair with cheaters on the rise, but penalizing innocent users is also not acceptable.

I really enjoy competitive coding and I am grateful to codechef for providing such a beautiful platform for people like us. Do understand that we students put in a lot of time and effort to build our profile and wrongly flagging non-cheaters for cheating will incite anger among the community,put the reputation of the platform at question and even result in users migrating to other platforms. Therefore it is also in your interest to ensure that your plagiarism system does not blindly flag users left and right who have not resorted to cheating.

I would request you to look into my case. I had submitted my own original code but it has been labeled as plagraized code.

2 Likes

I know this is not the right place for it. But I’m desperate and haven’t received any reply from codechef either. I have wrongfully been penalized for plagiarism in Starters 86 with a decrease of 269 in my rating.

Codechef reports that my code matches with sivadurga_2003 , which is an erroneous judgment.
The only fault on my part was coming up with a logical name for my variables which must be the same as hundreds other user.
Here are the two codes:
mine - CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
sivadurga_2003 - CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

I absolutely cannot afford a wrongful penalty at this point when I have to use my codechef profile in my resume for the nearing placement drives. I have been working hard for the past 6 months, and codechef undid my hard work in a matter of seconds. Please look into it and help me out ASAP. I would be grateful.
Yours sincerely,
neil_paul

I do not cheat in codechef contest 124B why you should be decrease my rating

I do not cheat in contest but you telling that I have cheated … why???

I think i being wrongly penalized because i write code with my concept so pls don’t decrease my rating

You should reply back on the email CodeChef admins sent you.

But, if you want it make it public… Not only are you a cheater, you are cynical.

These were your codes:
For GDST:
Solution: 1056543224 (codechef.com)

These are examples of the ones that have the same answer as you:
Solution: 1056559176 (codechef.com)
Solution: 1056559050 (codechef.com)

You three (and many more) were so naive at cheating, that didn’t even understand what you were cheating on.

1. “import sys” was absolutely uneeded
  2. There were two answers: seed=0, and seed=1 (I bet you what 0 idea what I’m talking about).
    Whoever sold you the answer expected you chose any, not both. Now, you (and several more) have an ultra super dedundant code from 18 to 48, and 49-79

If you were going to cheat, at least don’t just copy-paste something you have zero idea what that is on.

Don’t let me get started on UPDA.

This is yours:
Solution: 1056556838 (codechef.com)

And these are examples of people who copied from the same sourse:
Solution: 1056559355 (codechef.com)
Solution: 1056559244 (codechef.com)

Do you guys reeeally think that adding whitespaces and changing variable names make any difference? Do you even know how a compiler or interpreter work?

Please.

1 Like