Does CodeChef have any Code Of Conduct?

Hi klu_2000031822,

We found a few of your codes in March Long Two 2022, Division 4 (Rated) to be similar to other users’ submissions. We have disqualified all your Submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as a penalty, and we might also permanently ban some of the cheaters. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1 and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within one week if you think you are being wrongly penalized. However, before you do that kindly go through our CodeChef Code Of Conduct, FAQ, and our blog post on the cheating saga below, and make sure that knowingly or unknowingly you have not violated any of those points:

Please do not write back or approach us if you have violated any of the rules. If you do so, your explanation won’t be considered and we will block your account without any intimation. Additionally, ensure that you don’t repeat the mistake as your account will definitely be deactivated if caught on the second instance.

Note: If your solutions of other contests also have been removed, it is due to being caught under plagiarism for those contests as well.

Regards,

The Chef

i got this mail from the codechef team even I didn’t share to code anyone only1% change to match the in group discussion try to solve this problem and let me know how can i stop to plagiarism

Hi klu_2000031822,

We found a few of your codes in March Long Two 2022, Division 4 (Rated) to be similar to other users’ submissions. We have disqualified all your Submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as a penalty, and we might also permanently ban some of the cheaters. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1 and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within one week if you think you are being wrongly penalized. However, before you do that kindly go through our CodeChef Code Of Conduct, FAQ, and our blog post on the cheating saga below, and make sure that knowingly or unknowingly you have not violated any of those points:

Please do not write back or approach us if you have violated any of the rules. If you do so, your explanation won’t be considered and we will block your account without any intimation. Additionally, ensure that you don’t repeat the mistake as your account will definitely be deactivated if caught on the second instance.

Note: If your solutions of other contests also have been removed, it is due to being caught under plagiarism for those contests as well.

Regards,

The Chef

I got this mail from codechef even i did’t share a code also they are givimg me as a plagiarism .

i don’t know how this happened . i really regret for it

I have not done any cheating in April long challenge two that are my own codes and I have written it in c language I have not taken any once code or copied from anywhere

I have written it myself also in staters 36 I haven’t cheated through anyones codes.

I have not anything wrong in that why I am being plagarised I haven’t copied from anyone anycode or any reference I did it myself

Dear chef,

Myself Rohit, userId: razdan123
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/66152385
Today I received a mail regarding some plagiarism in my code which I never did. I would like to say that it is very disheartening when your hard work goes in vein with such type of wrong plagiarism checking. The code was very short and simple So might be some wrote it as I did. But it doesn’t mean that I copied it from anyone.

I will request the chef not to plagiarise the penalty for this and will suggest CodeChef to have a better plagiarism checker logic.

Thanking you

Rohit Razdan

razdan123

Dear chef,

Myself Rohit, userId: razdan123

Today I received a mail regarding some plagiarism in my code which I never did. I would like to say that it is very disheartening when your hard work goes in vein with such type of wrong plagiarism checking. The code was very short and simple So might be some wrote it as I did. But it doesn’t mean that I copied it from anyone.

I will request the chef not to plagiarise the penalty for this and will suggest CodeChef to have a better plagiarism checker logic.

Thanking you

Rohit Razdan

razdan123

Hi @razro_5826 - you can just reply to the email - the contest team will look at your appeal.