Editorials for FEB17

You can’t claim a code not to be optimal by the number of lines…

I am talking about the approach of problem setter.

Length of code is actually a factor, just like you say approach. Sometimes the approach is easy, but code gets bulkier, sometimes approach is tricky, but code is hardly 10-20 liner. If I cant define optimal code on basis of length, even you cannot define optimal code on basis of approach as everyone has different criterias for what an optimal code is.

Yes …

i am glad i was able to put my point across you dear :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol…

DEC16 was full of challenging problems, but even after 2 months… no editorials.

2 Likes

True, Dec Long challenges were REAL tough!! Agree with @only4

1 Like

may be this can help:
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/12810310

Yeah, they were challenging. All the more reason to get their editorials published ASAP

3 Likes

I think I could do a video editorial on one of the problems, at the very least. If you guys want me to, shall we have a vote on which problem to do?

4 Likes

Thanks for your response.

I tried a lot on

INTERVAL(CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone)
and DISTNUM3(CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone)

Selecting one is difficult for me but you can select from the above problems. I really want to solve them both.

@gkcs DISTNUM3 happens to be Mo’s Algo + Updates! :stuck_out_tongue:
Although it can also be solved with HLD.

2 Likes

@gkcs please bro… much needed from you _/_ Also try solving all except first one…

1 Like

Instead of asking for karma you should answer questions.

1 Like

@nikhil_chandak
DISTNUM looks quite tough! It will take me some time to solve it. Will be posting it as soon as it’s done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

we’ll wait… @gkcs

I don’t solve problems on codechef, but I wonder the editorials for FEB17 and DEC16 are still not here.

I do care.