FEB-17, MAKETRI Editorial (Unofficial)

Thanks bro :slight_smile:

@meooow is right. The editorial is too scary for every one to grip each and every line. This question belong to easy level so i don’t think that there is any need for such a big and bulky explanation. You should try to cut down some part of it so that everyone could able to give time to read this one. I hope you will consider that point.

@meooow. Yeah…length :3. That’s something I tried to contain (and failed miserably lol).

I would love to see your POV too! I sorted the intervals because it was easy to have “feels” when they are sorted by starting positions (and most of the codes I came across used same implementation. So I felt its easier to connect).

Why don’t you put up your POV as an answer? I can redirect the people quoting there “In case you want a quicker way, check meoow’s answer below. Else if its easier to connect with this implementation, proceed below.” Or anything you say. I am perfectly fine with it :slight_smile:

We are trying our best. I tried editing and will keep editing till it is best suitable to everyone’s needs. I kinda knew the explanations were bulky, but I don’t want anybody to have a blank face and go googling like crazy after reading editorial. I just wanted this editorial to be independent and self sufficient :). That’s all!

Hey @vijju123 here is my solution. No structs, no stacks, no sorting of intervals. And I think you should update your explanation to make it simpler, it’s your editorial after all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks! I shall do the needful by tomorrow evening. (Please excuse me for today, I am dead tired after writing this editorial. I think you can feel me here :p)

Yes bro! I will try my bestest best to edit the editorial and make it crispier by tomorrow evening. Actually I would have done that now…but I have these monstrous college assignments. But truthfully, it was a good learning experience and I hope I get such a support from you, community and everybody here in future as well!!! :slight_smile:

sure bro I am a learner myself, just learning bit by bit daily by you all amazing people and I can understand your pain because I have Mid sem knocking the door from next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

You were the prime motivation which made me believe I can also write editorials. You deserved a place there. I hope that the explanation made the Q and its concepts clear to you :slight_smile:

Sure it did clear the concepts… Are you on Quora?

1 Like

Yes, but I am highly inactive there XD

Thanks for your appreciation dear.Your feedback and suggestions have been noted. I have plans for cutting length.Eg-here I told about intersection of intervals in detail, in case some future problem requires it, I can skip explaining the same concept there. I can just give the link and say “Refer to section ‘How to find Intersection of interval’ in this editorial of mine.”.I feel that this should make future editorials shorter & crispier.

I will try to contribute as much as possible :). The main problem is that I need to solve problem myself and compare things to even start writing editorials

1 Like

Nice work! Also sorry that the bug slipped through :confused:

1 Like

It happens!! Dun worry. That thing by no means mitigates your immense contribution towards this editorial dear!!

Thanks dear :slight_smile:

Lol. You’d snatch away the job of codechef’s editorialists this way XD.

I see your POV. Yes, I agree with it. If we share approaches etc. then its WE who would benefit more. Writing this editorial has been an extremely learning experience for me too. I really got to learn many,MANY things. And I will repeat it again, the only additional thing I did was writing it. And it was not possible without people like you and @meooow contributing to it. And I am grateful to both of you :).

1 Like

It was an awesome learning experience for me as well and I will try my best to contribute as much as I can.

1 Like

i am glad it helped you bro :slight_smile:

edge cases would be sufficient…