February Long challenge div2 is like math exam :/

+1 … …

Yes ofcourse we enjoyed a lot but my question is just put some questions related to algorithms where previous long challenges had atleast 3 algo based questions for division 2 so that people learn new concepts.i don’t think these contest have such problems it just remind us geometry and probability not new algorithms and programming is all about math but we need to take care of computer fundamentals like data structures and algorithms also those are very important too

I observe one thing that every long challenge belongs to some common concept, this time it’s math turn maybe.

lol… next two were DP only(practice question for div2)… you should have tried them… I was stuck there since first day of long challenge…

Well you have plenty of platforms for improving maths skills… codechef is competitive programming platform…
Why don’t you try maths there ?

I would have understood if there were like two three problems of maths… but this time all 7 were mostly so simple… without DSA…

Problem solving and Coding is all about math
It shouldn’t be only math otherwise its not a programming question in the first place… Yes,it can include maths…

I ll have a look but problems in long challenge before January were really amazing.
we had problems like HMAPPY,INTXOR,GMEDIAN and many more they included mathematicsleft. too but were way better. Maybe some of the problem setters

Not saying that questions this time were not good. They were also good but the easiest problem in DIV1 could be replaced with something better.

this time contest was very easy imo…

Yes ofcourse programming is all about math but not in this way like formula based this will lead lot of people do cheating …yeah we need problems related bit manipulation and some algo questions atleast 2 or 3 in division 2 guys so that they can try algos rather than math

" Just making problem statement long doesn’t mean you increase difficulty. " - lol

2 Likes

You mean to say adhoc problems are not useful and one should directly jump into data structures and algorithms?
Plus you are in Div1. Weren’t you guys given questions related to Graph with DP? I don’t see a reason why you must be complaining about Div2. I’m happy that such problems were given in Div2.

@black_truce - It actually does if we just make the English incomprehensible and make the statement contradict itself every new paragraph or forget to give the crucial details reducing statement to a small 5 paragraph story. :wink:

4 Likes

@dolabmoon Ping :stuck_out_tongue:

competitive should improve programming skills but
just printing a line or sum-n+1 is not programming.
There isn’t any use of computer program here in such questions… they are just puzzles… imo competitive programming platform should have question which includes these things
I am complaining because I have to solve last 4 problems of div2 also as I am in div1

Well, true ! There was more to learn before the division !