Feedback Of February Challenge 2018

codechef’s memory limit is 1.5gb

No! It is unlimited. This should be fixed soon.

Another one (Mine)

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/17376783

Allocate M bitsets of size N, but still passes.

We have the issue in our mind. We are working on to fix it.

1 Like

The difficulty level was quite balanced and good. Finally a nice long contest after long.

3 Likes

@admin contest was very good … enjoyed solving it.
but please provide test cases after the contest.

They are already out. Please check the forum.

Hi, this was discussed many times particularly in this thread: Will CodeChef provide test cases - help - CodeChef Discuss . Codechef does not provide test cases since it spoils the real fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked @admin to look into your feedback.

In an optimization problem, it’s really hard to control score on particular submissions. We focus more on how hard it is to optimize the function and test various solutions to check what’s the max score we can get, i.e. is the function too bad that it’s very difficult to optimize it beyond some easy to get solution.

3 Likes

The number of successful submissions matter. I am not sure, but what if accuracy takes into your multiple failed solution as well? What matters is its ultimately solvable, irrespective of number of attempts needed.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought of the solution using bitsets too, but disregarded it thinking the time complexity of the solution is O(N^2/\text{WORD_SIZE}) ~ 6.25*10^8 operations which should give TLE. But I guess codechef judge is quite fast.

i did the same thing … but couldn’t find my mistake …

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/17432565

I really didnt’t think of an alternate solution for CHANOQ and that too by bitsets and a lot of people did it that way. Overall I too liked the contest.

The admin is checking for any issues(if any).It is because of the change in scores of the challenge problems. Probably the testcases or the scoring function of the testcases after the contest is inconsistent with the pre-cases which were provided before the contest ended because the rankings have changed drastically.

So will the ratings be updated?

Thanx for ur reply!!

The ratings will be updated again if some error or inconsistency is found either in the testcases or the scoring function.

1 Like

Isnt it unfair? I mean people would obviously try to code in order to get high score in pre tests. Changing the scoring function,or some totally different test cases doesnt seem fair to me.

They didn’t change anything intentionally, probably some fault has occured in the main tests which will be resolved and the ratings will be updated accordingly.

Ooh sorry,i think i misread ur comment.

Thanx!!