How to become better in short contests

I am in 2nd year. I don’t study much. I practice cp everyday for 0.5-1 hour. So everything is pretty balanced :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you think CP will help in getting u an internship this summer?? If yes then please share how??

I haven’t applied for any internship so I’ve no idea. I never connected jobs/internships with Cp. I do cp for fum… If it was not cp, I would be watching netflix, I guess its better to spend time doing cp rather than netflix. Xd :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Its great that you are 5* in your 2nd year…Believe me if you continue this till end of your graduation and doing some (1 or 2) good projects than the chances are high that you can crack the companies like GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, FACEBOOK etc…

1 Like

My experience was I get +100 in long challenge and -50 -50 in cook off and lunchtime and hence my ratings don’t increase at all from long to long…
But i never stopped giving those contests and practice helps a lot…
got 28 rank once in lunchtime…
got travel reimbursement of ACM ICPC ( to top 50 in cook off)
Also got 200 laddus + free CCDSAP ( top 100 in cook off)
PS: I have never been that good in long challenges :slight_smile:
So just keep participating regularly and you will improve surely

3 Likes

thanks…now I try to participate in every contest on Codeforces…

If you visit my codechef profile then you may notice that I never participate in cookoff and lunchtime…And I land to 5* by just doing 4 consecutive long contests

2 Likes

2 min silence for all java programmers like me
we get smashed in every short contest

5 Likes

I also sometimes code in JAVA so I can feel your pain :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ik java but have never tried it in short contests… :stuck_out_tongue::sweat_smile:
And after listening to you won’t even try except in div3 codeforces :joy:

same here I also doing alone in my college…In my class no one even code regularly

and it is very cool that you have 4* in your 1st year …keep learning, keep competing,

just want to give you one advise that try to find your weekness and questions which you are not able to solve and work on it to improve everytime…

Best of luck for your future!

3 Likes

Uplsolve at least 2 questions which u can’t solve during contest… That’s it… :slight_smile:
Starting CP in first year is awesome (according to what people say)
Your goal should be 6 star in next year itself… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I believe I am not 6 right now because I didn’t upsolve

1 Like

Ok sir,we’ll follow your advice :slight_smile:

:grimacing::joy: @anon55659401

1 Like

Same situation bro, the only thing different is that I’m in 2nd year… And what I think the most important thing is never get demotivated and always believe yourself.
Never have a negative-attitude even if rating goes down. Have faith that you’ll reach great heights. Always have that faith. 3-4 months ago,I was 2-star,but I knew I’m a 5-starer from inside, and see my faith turned into reality :slight_smile:
Never underestimate yourself!

2 Likes

really thanks to both of you . yes , i never forget to upsolve after the contest and this summer holidays is really a good oppotuity to bang bang :joy:. ( as during college days i need to travel 4 hour daily so i didn’t get much time). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly… I agree here… I am one of them… solving easy with good speed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah i am one of your quora fan so know everything about you :joy:.

1 Like

What kind of bang-bang are you talking about may I know? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

See @anon55659401 you are too famous… :grinning:

1 Like