How to learn coding

Hi!! I am Alekya. And I am studying 2nd year of engineering in the field of computer science. Please give me suggestions where should I learn the concepts for programming and also where to start on practicing and in what way I can be a good prorammer.

For beginners Hacker Rank and Hacker Earth is best for Practice . After that you can join the long contest or lunchtime , cook-off. more you practice more you become better .
If you directly join contest here you may get demoralize as now contest on codechef is not fair …

1 Like

Since you are already in second year , i am assuming that you must have been thorough through any one of the object oriented language like c++,java,python,etc…If not then i would suggest first you should learn all the basic concepts like funtions,arrays, loops,conditionals,objects and classes…
After finishing this up you should start with data structures and algorithms…and begin with some basic topics like recursion ,dynamic programming,…in order to increase your basic thinking ability for thinking about the solution for the problems…
while learning these you should start practicing the questions of different platforms like codechef, geeksforgeeks,hackerearth…
But just remember that it’s better to solve 20 problems by understanding 100% rather than solving 100 problems understanding partially…

2 Likes

Thank you so much bro for your suggestions bro

Thank you bro for learning data structures should I follow a book or learn the concepts diirectly from internet

https://discuss.codechef.com/t/best-resources-to-learn-almost-all-competitive-programming-concepts/77584