Huge Difference in the Difficulty level of Problems of August Long Challenge

Nothing to worry… It was a nice problem set… specially RIVER

I’m posting here although I was first person to say don’t post here xD. But I personally like long contest. I decided that I will upsolve loncyc, I opened editorial for about ~10 times. But either didn’t read it. Or didn’t read after finding a link of pre req. for finding cycles in graph. Because I don’t want to spoil this problem.

But long are time consuming. And I have to struggle for 2-3 days to get AC. After I have solved non scorable problems. And no of problems solved by = 4 (including non scorable) + (no of days struggled)/3 ± 1.

I’m not in favour of reducing difficulty. If difficulty is reduced then I would be first person to complain about inflation in ratings. Because I learn more from a long contest rather than short contest.

This is a very good point; one that I will take on board next time around.

you all are great programmer.i fear from getting into compedition as i think it will decrease my confidence in programming.after sometime unable to solve i get panik.

Long challenges are very beneficial and cheating happens onlu in Div 2…I don’t see much cheating in div 1…