Inoi 2017 discussion

No, I do not think that the cut-off will be full marks.110-140 seems good, although the problems were not that difficult.
I hope I get selected.
And no, int won’t exceed, as x,y coordinates were between 0-10^5 range.

Also no chances of stack overflow with recursive DFS?
Actually I did the first in one hour and the second using top down in one hour. The last hour was spent doing bottom up which was giving SEG FAULT because I initialized the array on the stack. So I didn’t check the first that properly.

I also did the second problem using top-down.That should not give stack overflow. However, in the second problem, I really do not know as in Java at least, it would have given so.I do not know the stack size in C++, but Java, it is less than 10^4.And I never tried recursive dfs, because I always do the iterative one and it has become kind of a habbit in graph algorithms.Still , hope for the best.

Are you seriously asking this? o.O

9 Likes

@sampritipanda The solution for 50 points (when you store the strength explicitly) is very similar to knapsack DP. Converting it to 100 is just an easy observation :slight_smile:

Maybe TL for problem 2 subtask 1 was somewhat weak. My code that was getting accepted actually took around 2.4-2.5 seconds offline on max test(randomly generated). That or the PCs provided were much slower than codechef.

@nibnalin, TLs were pretty generous. We did not want to force people into making constant optimizations. This isn’t long challenge xD

2 Likes

How much did you score?

@reikjavic Just 10.

1 Like

Here are my codes :-

FENCE

TRAINING

3 Likes

Are the codes that we actually submitted going to be reevaluated or the ones that we had to store in the desktop.If it is the latter case, I think I may have left the public before class declaration, which is not allowed in codechef.Eclipse generates public classes by default, so when I submit, I explicitly remove it.But when I saved It , there is a small chance that I may have forgotten to remove it, although the rest of the code is same.Although I think I have removed it, please check it nonetheless once before reevaluation, if that code is going to be checked.roll number is zco31038.

I can see only abt 15

When will be the results out?

The personal results have been mailed. Regarding official announcement, you may have to wait for a week or so I guess.

Is it like that those who have qualified have only got email?

No, i didn’t qualify but I got an email.

sorry , a late reply, wont the answer be 2*(number of elements +1) always ? As no matter how is the orientation, number of faces is justified by above formula ? I tried it on paper.