Interactive Problems and the way to deal with them!

Nope

What does running time -1.00 imply?

implies WA

what is the best way to terminate the programme at the required point in interactive problems?

In a function other than main() use exit(0) otherwise return .

Thanks bro :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: I was gone mad after watching these type of problem. Even now I didn’t get the solution,but have the hope that I can learn and implement may be not right now but in very short time

1 Like

What is the difference between WA (-1.000000) and WA (0.000000)?

hey! my code is showing SIGTSTP this error can you please help

WA(-1.000) means your program is going out of constraints, like asking more queries than the allowed queries. Whereas WA(0.000) simply means wrong answer, but within constraints.

1 Like

Thanks mate

Did you get WA(-1.000) in the guessing game problem of present contest?

2 Likes

Yes, actually I got both hence wanted clarification

what about python? because in python until we use end, it flushes out automatically?

You can use below options:

1. print(“YOUR TEXT”,flush=True)
  2. import sys; sys.stdout.flush() //just before taking input and after printing

I am solving a interactive problem on codechef and i get correct answer in my terminal but for exactly same input the answer fails on codeforces. can you give me some hint why is it so

https://codeforces.com/problemset/submission/1392/90474877

here is my solution

im using fast input output c++ so in interactive problem if i just write cout<<“query…etc”<<endl; so now endl is enough or i need to write fflush(stdout) and do i need to remove fast input io for inetractive problems??