Invitation to AARAMBH 2020 - Annual Coding Contest of JGEC on Codechef

Hello CodeChef community,
The time has finally come to showcase your potential and wit. Coders club of JGEC brings you AARAMBH 2020 on 23rd of January 2020 to make you think out of the box.

I would like to invite you to participate in AARAMBH 2020 . It’s the fourth version of this short contest, that runs for 2:30 hours! . It is the annual coding contest of Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC) which is organized essentially for the starters so that they get a real taste of competitive programming in the early days of their college.

It will basically be a Division-3 type contest consist of 7 questions of various difficulties. The contest is based on ACM-ICPC style and we have reduced the time penalty to 10 minutes instead of the standard 20 minutes.

Contest Details:

The contest starts on 23 January at 19:30 IST.

Contest Link : Contest Page | CodeChef

Prizes : There are Laddus and Cash prizes for Global top performers and JGEC top performers. Please check the contest page for details.

Problem setters - @imranasuman , @mukul166 and myself.
Testers - @subash23 , @animesh194 .

For any query (mail at) - Coders@jgec.ac.in

Also visit - Codeforces

Reminder!!!
Only 2hrs left for the contest AARAMBH 2020. Visit the contest page on CodeChef and register for the prizes. Contest starts at 19:30 IST sharp.

Get your gears up and compete for glory in the decade’s first coding extravaganza with awesome prizes waiting for you.

Hope to see you participating!!
Good luck and wish you all Happy Coding :slight_smile:

Editorials
XYBACT
TWKNGS
CRICBZ
STRTLN
XORSGT

8 Likes

Thanks for the reduction of penalty time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what’s wrong with that?? :slight_smile:

Can I get editorial for STRTLN ?

1 Like

Editorial for each and every question will be published by sunday. I will request you to be patient

1 Like

Anyone searching for “Odd-topic” problem’s solution/editorial :- It is exactly similar to : Distinct Integers in Range | Practice Problems
Use segment tree with bitset & use xor instead of oring the queries.
As any number which comes even number of times, if you xor it disappears, and our job is done

1 Like

Use complementary counting - Count number of lines which are parallel to x or y axis, which can be done by group the points by x & y coordinates.

1 Like

Even though some ques were not very different from classical or existing problems.
Enjoyed the round :slight_smile:
Good efforts.

What is wrong in it?
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29136512

I am pleased that top coders of India like you are satisfied :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Are there any prizes for top 70s

Sorry, but it was mentioned before the contest that only top 2 rank holders will get cash prizes and top 3 will get codechef Laddus.

Ok not mention I will try to achieve that someday.

1 Like

Was this brute force solution supposed to get accepted ?
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29139316

XD
My optimized solution is getting TLE :stuck_out_tongue:
My soln was O(4000*log(N)) per query
Yous is O(N) per query :frowning:

2 Likes

even I found it strange when I came across a solution of such complexity getting accepted

STRTLN