Invitation to CodeChef August Long Challenge 2018 sponsored by ShareChat!

Don’t ban me please :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

@vijju123 I didn’t discussed anything about the problem statement or solution, I am just pointing out a bug.

OK!! I will shut my mouth…Humanity is getting extinct with time xD

Lol I am not saying you did anything wrong. Its just that people make a mountain out of a small matter at times. Hope you understand :slight_smile:

@vijju123 @aryanc403 I am unable to edit my comment, if any of you can edit it (I think people with high reputation can edit other’s comment) then do it, or else I will delete that comment

has any1 recieved the laddus for july long challenge ?

yup, received them today

1 Like

yeah… :slight_smile:

@pshishod2645, we can discuss this over codeforces message if this is ok to you.

2 Likes

Maybe it means that you’re using more operations(K) than allowed.

@mgch, I am getting this type of verdict (refer link)!!

A verdict of -1 time tells that the something which you did made interactor violate one of the assertions throwing a RE error. It means you are not adhereing to the constraints (eg- at most K queries).

That is either because your output buffer is not clear or because you are making more operations(k) than allowed.

@admin @mgch please someone reply :frowning:

The problem statements are very much clear. I didn’t had any doubt while reading. May be you just need to read the problem more carefully!

1 Like

Maybe you don’t have but I HAVE DOUBT. if you understand something doesn’t guarrante that everyone will understand it…

2 Likes

@jagreetdg As, far as I know, you are not allowed to answer any query related to the problem statement, even if it’s a clarification of problem statement. Otherwise I could have replied to it the day it was asked.
someone please correct me if I am wrong(I don’t know rules properly)…

@pshishod2645 - Yes, you’re right. I deleted that comment now. @all please note that, posting your clarification requests is here primarily for contest admin @mgch to see in case the setter is not looking (so @mgch can contact the setter and get things right.) Other things may include addressing any serious complaints you got against anything during contests &etc. (You might be asked to discuss it elaborately over a private channel depending on if its fair to make it public).

As the setter, I would also like to clarify that I intentionally publish all comments so that others are aware of what doubts are being asked and expect them to atleast see the comments before asking their doubts as it is very annoying to write the same reply everytime and if I try to not reply, people rant everywhere that there doubt was not clear. So, I expect people here to also understand that they should also keep on looking at comments if something is not clear and ask a question which has not been asked before, I would be happy to clarify your doubts.

1 Like

Also, please don’t hints regarding solution or more test cases.

Yes, I believe it is correct. Just be careful I see you do not have “\n” in printf. I think it is needed.

1 Like

I believe WA -1 does NOT refer to using more than K operations as in one of my submissions some of the cases of Subtask 2 gave WA 0.0 and some in Subtask 3 gave WA -1.0 . Initially I was into the same confusion that -1 means more than K ops and I believedmy code was logically wrong somewhere in Subtask 2. Hence in my code I asserted everytime an operation was made and as soon as it used more than K operations it threw an exception. Using this ALL the cases which resulted in WA previously(-1 and 0) in Subtask 2 and Subtask 3 gave RTE. I suggest you do the same to verify yourself.