Invitation to CodeChef January Long Challenge 2021

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s January Long Challenge, this Friday, 1st January, from 15:00 IST onwards. The contest will be open for 10 days i.e. until 11th January.

We are introducing a brand new Division 3

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in the Indian category and top 10 performers in the Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here

The video editorials of the problems will be available on our YouTube channel as soon as the contest ends. Subscribe to get notifications about our new editorials.

Good Luck!

Happy new year!

5 Likes

I guess this was a typo.

This is just a generalization.

Nope, Read this!

check this :grimacing:

Oh, thanks for the info. I haven’t come across such kind of statements earlier.

Submissions are not visible in the profile recent activity section and verdicts on dashboard are not updating taking a long time to update. @admin

4 Likes

@admin why aren’t submission for January long challenge being shown on user profile

1 Like

@admin and @akshitm16 are the laddus only for Div 1 toppers in Indian category or for all the Divs topper in Indian Category

1 Like

In Div2, top 3 school students and challenge scorers get laddus. Same must be the case with DIV3.
You can read How do I win a CodeChef Goodie?

1 Like

Okk, Thanks for your time

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We’ll have a look at this.

2 Likes

The JAN21 submissions should now be listed in user profile’s Recent Activity as well. Was a configuration mistake which has been fixed.

What do you mean by “verdicts on dashboard”? The contest ranklist?

1 Like

@admin The submissions of Byterace are not visible in our user profiles as well. Could you please check?

And by “verdicts on dashboard” I think he probably meant the green ticks beside the problem names that we solved in contest. Indeed it is taking a long time to update.

1 Like

Thanks for resolving the first issue.

By verdicts on dashboard, I mean the verdicts shown along the problem names as mentioned by @tamo11.

JAN21A

This has now updated.

Also, the dashboard of the contest push_back(start) updated after the contest ended. Since there were so many problems in this contest and problems were rearranging according to number of solves, I actually got confused which ones I’ve solved and which ones I haven’t.

Also, I noticed a strange thing during COOK125 and LTIME91. For some of the initial time, verdict for all attempted problems (fully solved or partially solved problems) was shown but after some time, verdict for fully solved vanished but partially solved still persisted.

LTIME91A old screenshot

The video editorials to the problems are uploaded on Youtube. And the editorials can be found here.

1 Like

Congrats to the winners!

DIV 1.

1. bigbag
  2. Oleg
  3. krijgertje
  4. jijiang
  5. ltst
  6. marckess, best in latin-america!
  7. run_timeterror, best in india!

DIV 2.

1. xyr2005