Invitation to CodeChef January Lunchtime 2021 [Replay of Codeflows]

I think that people knew what they are signing for, at least I definitely expected something like that, even tho I hoped for the best. Several more specific comments:

• It took me only 10 refreshes on average to get past 503 and ‘nginx not allowed’ (or smth like that), or around 1 minute, which does not sound significant to me. I also felt frustrated a bit and didn’t find it particularly convenient, but with some persistence, it was not a problem.

• Are you sure that these users faced different kinds of issues and didn’t just give up after the first problem? Because I experienced no other difficulties, and some mysterious server-side issues that only happen to some specific users sound strange to me.

• If you write code that gets WA/TLE/RE in the last 30 minutes of a contest – there are high chances that you won’t fix it. In the end, it is your own problem that you wrote the wrong code,

• Speaking of rating, I didn’t do CC for some time, so I think that I am somewhat underrated, and will get a positive delta in at least the nearest two or three rated rounds that I participate in. Hence I don’t care all that much, but it is still disappointing to see my hard work fighting with servers just gone.

6 Likes

But it’s a 3 hr contest… And some high rated users said that the problems aren’t that hard for a 3hr contest… And i also felt same…
So my main ques is… The contest was going perfect for 2.5 hr ( acc to you )… So can’t you judge everyone for this interval of time only?

As I see it things were bad right from the beginning of the contest, so why was the contest continued without any action taken right then at that time, as it was done in Codeforces #697 just a few days back. All this is, is mishandling of an issue for which thousands of participants suffer.

1 Like

Video editorials for 8 problems have been uploaded here. And the editorials will be published soon.

2 Likes

Admin don’t do things like this , don’t delayi written editorial this much compared to video editorial.

We don’t know if they are under some kind of corporate pressure, Sometimes even the good guys can’t help because the decisions you want them to take may not be under their power. Try to tackle them in their own interests , like say “release the video editorials sooner”, then both will be released quick.

1 Like