Invitation to ICM Technex 2020 - IIT (BHU) Varanasi

ok so getting intuition was only main thing in the contest that’s why I don’t like such adhoc problemsets.

anyways Nice intuition keep it up bro.

1 Like

To make up the maximum element(max) we need to do at least max operations on a single element which will cause a net increase of max * k in the array.
On that lines I built the solution.
But I can’t prove that : For every larger value of sum greater than max * k and divisible by k
the solution will surely exist.
I submitted without proving :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can say some random proofs, but I’m not sure and i don’t want to misguide someone. Let’s wait for the editorial, shall we?:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks My mind was chocked to think that later condition that answer will exist always if max<=(sum/k) great minded persons submitted this question.

No harm in giving a try.

1 Like

@ abhas_j when the problems will be available for practice?

Please explain why do you think so??

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29730519

Does this contest have a editorial?

1 Like

Editorials will be posted soon.

2 Likes

You are getting run-time error because you are taking input b and c in int data type but they are real values as mentioned in input format.

I also didn’t notice that the input b and c could be doubles until the very end. There should atleast be a sample input for such case. Or the existing sample simply could’ve had decimal and trailing zeroes.
Its like the setter intentionally wanted to make it not obvious.

1 Like

i don’t think that should give a runtime error.
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29777235

We are extremely sorry for the issue you faced. Problem Setters didn’t had any such intention. We did not realised, until you mentioned, about this kind of misunderstanding. We’ll make sure not to repeat this thing in our future contests.

Run the code from this link.
Input:
1.0000000 1.0000000

Give the following as input and I think that will clear you why you were getting RTE on assertion.
And again I’m sorry if you missed that input will be real numbers. We’ll make sure this won’t happen again.

ICM2002(Are These Equal) - Editorial

When will the editorial for “Is this long challenge” be out?

ICM2004 - EDITORIAL

1 Like

Thanks.