[JAN'15] Top contestants (msm1993 and kutengine) cheat again

I think the admin should take a strict action this time.

1 Like

For starters it is quite a known fact that Koreans compete in teams. Secondly in the previous competition they had basically the same solution for the challenge problem. No matter how closely you think you can’t have solution with that kind of similarity unless you are cheating. Thirdly if we assume that they had similar ideas in previous challenge then how did they have wildly different codes for same ideas in this contest unless they are trying to hide something ?

3 Likes

@admin: I think reducing the submission limit to 200 is a good idea. At least it’s one more step towards less over-fitting of the solutions to the test data.

3 Likes

@dzlla: I think it’s possible to have similar ideas (particularly if one discusses the problem with others), but not that similar. Moreover, I was also mentioning that they had identical parameters used for tuning their solutions, which they tried hard to hide (by encoding these parameters in different ways in the 2 submissions). I can explain to you why these parameters were very important in obtaining high scores for this problem, but there is not enough space in a single comment. I will try to write a separate answer about this or maybe write about it on the editorial page.

6 Likes

@mugurelionut Its true sir. admins must take action.

yea dzlla, you created this account just to comment on this thread? fishy much??

4 Likes

@nitinj: Funny, I hand’t noticed that :slight_smile: I have to agree with you that it’s a bit fishy :slight_smile:

Their rating has been increased not dropped.
Why is codechef being so biased with them?

3 Likes

+1 for @kislaya’s comment. I also don’t understand why this happened. I am hoping that the Codechef team is still considering their cheating case, but they updated the ratings in order to avoid further delays. Maybe they’re waiting on some reply from @msm1993 and @kutengine before deciding on this cheating case… I don’t know.

1 Like