Thanks for the kind words. :smile:

4 Likes

I have failed my wishes :frowning:

7 Likes

did anyone get the laddus?

1 Like

nope

Hi all,

Really sorry for the delays. The good thing is that, now almost all of my personal life issues are resolved, and within few coming days you will see editorials popping one by one.

I will following the following schdule-

1. ARMYOFME (due to requests) [ Under work]
  2. ENGLISH (due to requests) [ Awaiting approval - unoffical version ca be requested]
  3. Doofish Matrix
  4. ANTHILL [Under Work]
  5. CHEFARMY
  6. OWCAFILE

Thank you for your patience. I will update here as and when things progress so you guys can track them.

16 Likes

Your editorials are awesome Bhai, the way you write motivates everyone giving up stage to lets do it now. You make the logic so simple to understand Bhai. Thank you :hugs:.

4 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Aren’t you the Number 1 Speedcuber from India?

“Ujjawal Pabreja”

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m that guy :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: I’m a cuber myself ( a terrible one). My average solve takes 18-19 secs. I have seen your YouTube channel and you’re fast as f_-_. I just didn’t expect to see you here :hugs:

2 Likes

Haha. It’s great to see more cubers here! And, no cuber is terrible! It’s just about time and practice, you’ll get there :wink:

5 Likes

I also do cubing(not professionaly though) take around 25 sec on average and 17 is pb. just can say that there are a lot of common people in cp ,math ,cubing and chess.

8 Likes

Ada also solves Rubik’s cubes … in around a minute

4 Likes

Unofficial editorial of ENGLISH can now be requested. The editorial is pending approval from setter and admin.

2 Likes

@alei Hi! I liked the anthill problem! Thanks!

I just had a question about it, what is your optimal solution for it? (Or rather your best approximate solution).

When you said contestants found cliques, I’m not sure how they did that, since as far as I know finding max cliques is NP hard.

And even once you find cliques, I’m not sure the best way to connect neighboring cliques, do you construct it edge by edge?

Thanks again

Hi! Not sure how to request for the unofficial editorial?

Mail vijju123 on his email id.

1 Like

I only had some general ideas of the possible approaches. The problem is based in that finding the square root of graphs is an unsolved problem. One idea is to find a covering with special subgraphs e.g if we divide the graph in many triangles we can save one operation, is not necessary to find exactly the max clique because there are also remove edge operations.

1 Like

Hi all,

Sorry for not being very prompt in updating - had a lot of things going on in personal life. All editorials are finished and already published on discuss. Out of all the editorials, I really recommend you all to read the following:

• OWCAFILE - If you are struggling to learn FFT or how to solve similar problems, I’d suggest to read the note at end, read FFT in the mentioned way from pre-requisites and at least conceptually try to problem. Reading the editorial after that will help you knowing how to tackle FFT problems in long and short contests alike.
  • ARMYOFME - This is one of those hard problems which are actually conceptually interesting. As long as you know the pre-requisites, which is binary lifting and segment tree with lazy-propagation, you will see this is one of those hard problems which are ideal to learn from and practice. The editorial tried to make sure that any coder with required pre-requisite should grasp it without trouble.
  • DFMTRX - If you solved the problem using patterns, do give editorial a brief read. Try to look for interesting mathematical concepts which can help you.

Thanks to @kmaaszraa for the set of interesting problems - all the three problems were proposed by him.

7 Likes