LRQUER Subtask 2.

@vijju123 leaving it like this is unfair also, against those who didn’t get 100 points on it with their O(NQ), and those who didn’t even submit, because they were thinking about a better complexity, and those who actually solved the problem.

So either it’s unfair to people who got more points than they should’ve, or it’s unfair against everyone else.

@bazsi700- I know, its unfair. But since start of the discussion I am asking, what can we do about it? Any suggestions? I am clueless on what we can do

those who didn't even submit

I agree on parts that brute force got 100 points in some cases, howsoever rare, and brute force cracked the second sub task as well. But this point that its unfair to “Those who didnt submit” is not entertained. Lunchtime doesnt penalize you for wrong submission. Not submitting hence, is equal to not writing anything in your exam because you were “busy thinking of a complete answer which would score full points”

@vijju123 My other points still hold. I’m unsure about how many people are affected by getting accepted on 2nd and/or on final subtask unfairly, but if the number is not too big, then a solution could be to make strong tests for each subtask, rejudge solutions, and anyone affected by the rejudge who’d have negative rating change will have the contest unrated.

@vijju123 Here is an example of such situation: Contest Page | CodeChef

@divyansh_gaba7 - Your code is kind of worse than O(NQ) in terms of time, but I just cant pin point where. I spent 2 hrs on it, reading function libraries and all,but am helpless. Please open a fresh Question so that some more experienced coder can help you. I am really sorry :frowning:

@bazsi700 - I thought of that, but its very costly and time consuming. It was followed then because test data was wrong, AC were getting WA verdict, rejudge would strictly increase score, and codechef was obliged to do it cause of WRONG test data. Things are not so simple here, esp. if changes are very small as well

I will however, do convey your concerns to @admin to see if something can be done. Thats the least I can do to assist you here :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vijju123 Thanks. It won’t help my rating probably but I still feel bad about this. Also getting 2467->2401 for 20th place seems harsh, but CC rating system on high rating always was weird.

Your rating seems harsh?

I got -55 for 208 rank, while people at 1.5k rank got only -140 :/. Also, your concern has been conveyed to contest admin. Thats the latest update I can give.

1 Like