New Rating Divisions (Div1/Div2) on Codechef

ok…
good then ! but problems is div 1 should not be too tough in future
@admin should take care of it

If they get too tough, then div2 will take care of you. Dont worry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The number is experimental, and will change. Of course, more problems is merrier. Since its newly released, they need time for it to stabilize and adjust things accordingly.

3 Likes

haha!! Correction needed !!
If they get toooo tough then petr and gennady will take care of div 1 and rest(u too) will be cared by div 2

Its all relative, you missed that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

simple relativity theory don’t work for light …

1 Like

I can’t see the codes I submitted under Recent Activity in My Account.
I felt like reporting this minor bug here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They are already fixing it.

2 Likes

Hey There! :slight_smile:

The basic motivation kept in mind was, if something like 2000 was kept cutoff for Div1, then the number of participants in it would be too low.

The system is newly brought, so most of the number can change depending on user satisfaction. Just that, they need time for things to settle in before they begin changing and modifying stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since Codechef is primarily for improving Indian students, Many people would be motivated by the fact that they are in div1 here even if they couldn’t make it to div1 at any other site (Including me).

Judging from the number of submissions in div2, they seem to have end up making div2 easy for the div2 people.

2 Likes

Ya its too good for all of us if codechef provides contest environment for those who missed the contest.

Let me ask it.

The changes have been detailed here: https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/51999/how-do-i-win-a-codechef-goodie?page=1#52066

Country wise participation will be counted globally.

What do you exactly mean by manual labor?

Basically CodeChef is going to be new CodeForces? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think thats already there. Try using “Set” feature here.

1 Like

Can you send me a screenshot on my mail?

Its already in their pipeline-cant say when it will be implemented though.

Should be same number as in previous cook offs for each div. Numbers are, however, experimental, and prone to (last minute) changes

1 Like

Thanks @vijju123 I was unaware of this feature! It’s really awesome :slight_smile: