New Rating Divisions (Div1/Div2) on Codechef

Corrected that @ista2000 . What did you edit @mathecodician? :o

Number of questions per div in long challenge has been reduced to 8 or 2 more questions will be added?

Reduced to 8 @abdullah768

u r unrated anyway

5 Likes

it would be better that admin should give all his charges to some other
codechef me ab wo pehle wali baat nahi rahi

1 Like

i am thinking for long but i couldnā€™t get !! why cc did this !
basically u have to solve the same 10 problem in div1+div2 combined
which we earlier used to solve in whole .
now 1-3* will have to solve 1-8 ques
and 4-7* will solve 3-10 questions
agar combined hi rehta aur 4-7* wale addition 2 easy question bana lete to problem kya thi
@vijju123 @admin
&& math wale bhai tu bhi thora soochne

Wouldā€™ve been better if were 10.

1 Like

Yeah!!!

The thing is, the pro coders complained that first 3-4 questions were boring, to them, because they were too easy. They had to do it because of points anyhow. Then, rookies complained of last few problems being overly tough and wanted easier contest. Pro coders wanted just the opposite.

If we segregate into divisions,then- if need persists, we can give div1 harder problems not shared by div2 and vice versa. Also, problems can change in future, perhaps it can become 10 problems to div 2 and 10 to div1 with minimal/nil shared problems.

4 Likes

Suggested to @admin. She liked it. Thanks.

1 Like

okā€¦
good then ! but problems is div 1 should not be too tough in future
@admin should take care of it

If they get too tough, then div2 will take care of you. Dont worry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The number is experimental, and will change. Of course, more problems is merrier. Since its newly released, they need time for it to stabilize and adjust things accordingly.

3 Likes

haha!! Correction needed !!
If they get toooo tough then petr and gennady will take care of div 1 and rest(u too) will be cared by div 2

Its all relative, you missed that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

simple relativity theory donā€™t work for light ā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t see the codes I submitted under Recent Activity in My Account.
I felt like reporting this minor bug here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They are already fixing it.

2 Likes

Hey There! :slight_smile:

The basic motivation kept in mind was, if something like 2000 was kept cutoff for Div1, then the number of participants in it would be too low.

The system is newly brought, so most of the number can change depending on user satisfaction. Just that, they need time for things to settle in before they begin changing and modifying stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since Codechef is primarily for improving Indian students, Many people would be motivated by the fact that they are in div1 here even if they couldnā€™t make it to div1 at any other site (Including me).

Judging from the number of submissions in div2, they seem to have end up making div2 easy for the div2 people.

2 Likes