No Editorial for Challenge Problem

I don’t see editorial published for Challenge problems in Long Challenge contest.

For example:

Can you publish the editorial or at least strategy to get high score for these problems?
@rajarshi_basu @taran_1407

@nanored’s approach to solve it (100 points div. 2).

I will try to publish one by end of this week. Thing is, these problems dont have much of an intended solution. I will go through the codes of top scorers, and try to assemble a few approaches.

6 Likes

But you guys are implementing this challenge problem so you must know best answer for this. If you just creating this challenge problem thinking of community solution that would be strange. It is like seeking some solution for some open problems with heuristics through community. Are we doing that? Looking at others code is good but at least we expect something from editorial.

1 Like

Anyway waiting for your post. Thanks.

that is exactly what the challenge problem is. It is an open problem (in most cases) with no best strategy. Good challenge problems are those which allow a variety of heuristics.

4 Likes

can we solve challenge problem in practice section ?

i submitted a solution and it shows 0 points.

There’s already a thread where you can find different approaches explained, even of Top scored coders:

How to solve COVDSMPL (June long challenge problem) optimally

I disagre with the idea of an official explanation for the challenge problem as the interesting thing in this case is analize different strategies and the better way I find to that is if each coder explain his/her own thoughts. That is what you can find in that thread.

2 Likes

Do you even know what challenge problems are? What they are supposed to be? Is this your tone and etiquette to post at public forum - Really?

5 Likes

Yaa Waiting for it!!! Want to see the best Solution for the Question :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thinking:

@vijju123 I do respect you very much and appreciate your contribution to the community( You are almost always in the top contributors list. :smile:). You may have even be a part of the team that wrote guidelines for discuss. They are mere guidelines but following them looks good and for a programmer like you it is fitting to follow them. guidelines.

Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content

When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

I am not mocking you.

He is the moderator, part of his job is to check the bad tone and take action on it, so obviously he is supposed to worry about the tone. I see his post about the author’s tone as a warning, a preliminary step to ban the post. That is something that concerns moderator work. The guidline you mention obviously does not apply in this case for the moderator or he could not warn anyone.

4 Likes

So I made a submission to a problem without thinking much. sorry for that admin :pensive: (not a moderator :stuck_out_tongue:) :disappointed:

If this post hurts anybody sorry for that. Admin can delete it.