partial points in cookoff84 : Chang and the Perfect Function giving full marks !!

Where are you hearing that this contest is unrated instead of delayed update? I don’t see any announcement of it being unrated. If it is unrated, it is possible to show the contest on our account so we can see our results? It helps with tracking progress. Thanks!

1 Like

The real Q is, why were even subtasks made for Cook-Off question in first place? There was no need to make separate sub task and label assign weightage 20,80 to them.

3 Likes

Awarding ACs to all users is unfair :frowning:

14 Likes

If i submitted my solution in the first 30 minutes, I would have known my mistake too! Got WA just because of using int instead of long long! This is unfair :frowning:

2 Likes

See rank 19! No offence but his first solution got 20 points and he could easily know that his mistake was using int instead of long long! I had the same problem with my code but got WA because they changed the format until then! Isn’t it unfair??

2 Likes

@dishant_18 If you have some experience with cook-offs then you must know that cook off does not allow partial acceptance of solutions , and bugs in codechef are too common now :stuck_out_tongue: , You could have try to make it for 100 on 100 =) ,

1 Like

Ya I know but what I mean is many figured out whats wrong with their solution because of this bug. This makes the contest unfair!!

2 Likes

Thanks, we’ll check this up.

1 Like
bugs in codechef are too common now :P

This bug was really not expected. If the issue wa reported to admin, he should have been more careful. There were things that could had been done to avoid complications now. But whatever happened, has happened, i hope that whatever solution/decision the admins arrive is fair and satisfying to all.

1 Like

Thats actually a nice idea. The chief issue is a fair/honest user getting his ratings reduced while brute forcers getting ratings increased. Rating is motivation to more people than i actually thought, so honestly, your idea seems really nice in this respect.

2 Likes

You wont say that if you get a decrease in rating and others (who are worse coders than you) get high increase by brute forcing.

Better unrated than unfair.

I think, that free roll suggestion is really nice and should be implemented.

4 Likes

"why was this thing not disabled where users submitting brute force got an AC? Look at this solution-

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/14657702

It was the latest c++14 solution which got AC. And thats brute force."

That solution is not a bruteforce.
The issue was in CHNGSUM and CHNGFUNC, and they were fixed after ~28 minutes.

The rejudge was not done during the contest because it would have put a lot of load on the server and the contest would have been further affected.

That solution is not a bruteforce

Yes, I’m sorry for that. I just realized that now when i gave a thought over maximum value c can get. It looked like O(AB) to me. Will edit that part out. :slight_smile:

The rejudge was not done during the contest because it would have put a lot of load on the server

Thats a dicey situation then. Rejudging during contest would have actually nullified everything and saved us of all the “after contest” problems. Its sad that it was not possible. I assume you guys must have looked over at possibilities of contest extension and etc too as well, before deciding this.

(continuation -) and in that case, whats done is done. I just hope a fair solution comes upto you guys then :slight_smile: . BTW, that free roll idea seemed nice to many people, so please give it a thought as well :slight_smile:

@ritesh104 He submitted again and got AC for all test cases! link:Solution

Contest should be unrated. Since it would be very unfair to participants. :frowning: