Rating system update - Elo MMR final migration

-189 with #61, tourist got -1k stg

3 Likes

if ( does not belong to this division )
delta = -abs(delta)

Hey codechef, we figured it out :smiley:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Things have been going downhill since the ownership of codechef was changed.
Not that it came as a suprise, as everyone expected it as soon they got to know about the deal details.
Really sad to see this platform die considering the glorious day of its past.Codechef was a pioneer for us young students in coding field.Will remember those times always.

10 Likes

yes, bro, I can feel you. Now Codechef wants just some attention. That’s all I can think of.

4 Likes

I want to know if the rating changes will be applied to all the previous constest’s?? and if yes will the ratings of all the previous contests will be changed??
@admin please reply

will all the ratings of all the past contest be changes according to this new system??

1 Like

What kind of stupidity is this? U simply increasing the hatred of mine for this platform.

3 Likes

not sure.

What happened to my rating , All the grind just got wasted :slight_smile: . Toooo much disappointed.

So now, according to CODECHEF, 3-start coder should drop to a 2-start and a 1-start coder should be at 3-start .
That is total bullshit. There is no need to change the old ratings. If there is any new calculating system , then it should apply on the new contest and not to old ones .

3 Likes

Bro i got a global rank of 16 in div2 and got -20 and became a 4 star back omg now for 5 star I guess I need a rank 1 probably worst system

I got a global rank 4 in div 1 and still ended up with -2 :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

@admin Why my rating had been dropped to -76 even after global rank of 74 in May Lunchtime 2022 ??

Imma leave your platform real soon, you guys are really trash. What is wrong with you people. I had the ratings in my resume and all and you ditch us like that wth man

6 Likes

I used to believe there is a limit to drama on Codechef, but seems like I was wrong. I became a 4 star coder directly from being a 6 star coder just because of rating system changes. This feels hilarious now :joy:
On a serious note, this is pretty bad and wasn’t expecting anything like this.

10 Likes

I understand. But does that explain why accounts which participated more recently generally saw much smaller drops (gains, in some cases)? I’ve seen many pairs of accounts where one clearly performs worse than the other, but ended up with a higher rating because it participated more recently; and its not immediately clear to me how that is possible if ratings have been actually recalculated for all contests

1 Like

“accounts which participated more recently generally saw much smaller drops (gains, in some cases)”
This is because for the last 5 months, the ratings from the old system have been gradually shifted towards the new system in each contest that the user participated in. This is explained in Elo-MMR ratings go live on CodeChef!. So people who participated recently would have their ratings already much closer to the new system ratings, as opposed to people who haven’t participated in the last 5 months.

“ended up with a higher rating”
That shouldn’t be the case. The final rating is just what the Elo-MMR system gives after recalculating on all the contests from the beginning of time for everyone.

3 Likes

Thanks. Leaving codechef permanently

10 Likes

Codechef is nothing but a shitty platform. only drama drama about everything

5 Likes