Regarding Cheating in Long Challenge

Maybe he takes gochi from tourist baba :rofl:

1 Like

I think there is should be component of time in ranking.

1 Like

Bro you should definitely try ISS. I think it is most concept specific question in this Long Challenge.

1 Like

Hi, I wanted to report people who are pinging me on LinkedIn and Instagram for sharing solutions. I have proof too. Is there anybody who would take their responsibility and teach them a lesson?

3 Likes

11 Likes

So I stopped participating in Long challenge :joy:

1 Like

Stop asking to make it unrated. I spent 5 days of my time and solved the questions and I do not care who cheated and who didn’t.
My time was spent on this and others too who genuinely did the contest should focus on their effort. So please stop asking to make it unrated.
I hope you understand

5 Likes

Hello, don’t do this kind of non-sense, I have spent 5 days honestly doing all the questions. Before posting discriminatory posts contact the person or confirm your information.

1 Like

Apart from cheating, this month’s long challenge is relatively easier (not my opinion, telling from facts). You don’t see cheating, plagiarism during the 1st 2-3 days. During those days only 1-5 (as per my observation) people solve the last problems entirely. This month the number was way more than usual. Subsequently the cheating began. I remember investing 3 days on ISS, by the time I solved the number of submission was around 30. You can see right now it is exponentially increasing (700+ the last time I checked). There are plenty of videos available in YouTube, people are selling their codes in telegram. I have been asked to sell my codes for 500rs each by an youtuber who found me on LinkedIn. Sometimes I’ve felt that cheating is the new normal. Felt like I have to cheat to maintain my rank and rating otherwise many other will cheat anyways which will decrease my rank.
Still I was very happy to crack first 6 problems fully and the 7th one partially (it took me around 7 days). So I believe those of us who solve the hard problems on our own, do we not get that heavenly satisfaction after solving?? Ask yourself!! Because the cheaters don’t get that. They just get ranks.
In fact cheating has actually motivated me. I used to solve 4-5 problems in long challenge which used to fetch me a rank near 1000. For the last 2months I’ve been able to perform better. I got rank 9 last month. I was under pressure that if I don’t perform well my rank would go down because of cheaters. So I don’t give up until the last moment. Whereas I used to give up earlier thinking that I’m not good enough to solve the hard problems. That way my rank would remain unaffected.
Codechef can’t stop cheating completely. So we have to be more determined to solve problems. Remember the grandmaster people are always unaffected by cheating and they’d fetch rank 1 anyway.

24 Likes

@tourist1256 i am also suffer from this ,i am working hard to solve problems, but number of people copying solution post and got the rating ,
i f someone got sucess to find the solution why they leak ?, i don’t know why…

they wants to increase their views. i am also angry, Definitily there should be a any action towards them

1 Like

Only way is to score as maximum as possible or getting good rank in short contests. Long challenge cant be unrated.

Me to requesting Codechef to unrate the long challenge / or separate rating for long -

WTH problem ISS have almost 1000 submissions (still 24 hrs left ) … sad :frowning_face:

3 Likes

I think codechef dosen’t even caring that the youtube person are distributing solutions… @admin please have a look this MAY long challenge is worst than any other one… Cheating is on the high rate please do something… please…

2 Likes

Please unrate this long challenge @admin please do something…

4 Likes

Few of those examples.

1 Like

@admin , we know unrating will not happen , but can u atleast do MOSS ?

Because these days job opportunities are also included with contests , so it should be fair .

5 Likes

Want to report some guys too can u please send discord invite again.

3 Likes

I can feel you man! I earned 430 points the first day and my rank was 4 and then after around 4-5 days I solved MODEQ too and my rank is around 1400.

It took me around 6 hrs to solve TICTACTOE and I am stunned by the number of submission it has.

3 Likes

They won’t do anything lol. It’s been going on for months. CChef is an embarrassment at this point. I switched away from long to just give cookoff and Ltime and now even that has solutions on youtube before the contest ends.