Regarding Problem Setting

Great, thanks - in the case I had in mind, only the story is similar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ended up procrastinating a little too much, so I’ve submitted the Problem Idea P1 (of three) at Problem Idea Submission | CodeChef to light a fire under my @$$ :slight_smile:

Let’s see if it gets a response!

Edit:

Skipped P2 for now as, despite having a working implementation, the Sketch Approach isn’t fully formalized yet, but submitted problem P3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gosh - got a response from @alei just a few hours later. Looks like P1 has been Approved, so far :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ended up submitting P2 last Tuesday, and it’s already been approved by @alex_2oo8 - that’s 2 out of 3 so far, with a very quick turnaround; kudos to the Codechef Team :slight_smile:

7 Likes

P3 is very, very tentatively Approved for February Long(!), though a lot can go wrong between now and then :slight_smile:

Where can I find this script? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really hope that your problems get approved. I am very much looking forward to solving those! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks - hope everyone enjoys them :slight_smile:

1 Like

If my problem gets rejected, do I get any mail notifying that?

Mostly no. Depends on difficulty of problem - for harder problems people did receive feedback in past. For cakewalks? Nopes.

1 Like

Once you get a campus account you can request admin for that. Its not made public afaik. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, OK - thanks - I’ve got my campus account and have emailed people asking for the script, but it’s Sunday :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lmao noob

(Jk don’t take this seriously)

I proposed 2 problems in the March.

They got approved on 22nd March and 7th April respectively. I prepared it and sent it, Admin recorded these problems on 28th March and 12th April respectively.

After that I havent got any reply from codechef, I did write a follow up mail 11 days ago. I didnt get any reply. Is there any chance I will get reply or I should use those ideas for another contest ?

2 Likes

Might as well give a quick update while this thread’s bumped :slight_smile:

I submitted 3 Problems (P1, P2 and P3) and all were accepted quite quickly.

P3 was CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone :slight_smile:
P2 I ended up withdrawing as I found a simple “cheat” approach that beat and couldn’t think of any testcases that would scupper it :frowning:

P4: (Medium-Hard) : submitted in February 2020; no response.
P5: (Easy-Medium - or maybe plain Medium) : submitted 10th July 2020; no response.
P6: (Medium-Hard; possible plain Hard) : submitted 10th July 2020; no response.

So it looks like I just got lucky with the first three in that I got responses XD

4 Likes

What was P1?

1 Like

Can’t say, as it hasn’t been published :slight_smile: :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Oops! I thought it was published. Would love to see it when it’s published.

2 Likes

Update: barring disaster, P4 and P6 should be in September Long :slight_smile:

Not sure whether there was a backlog of submissions that they had to work through first, or whether it’s the result of me being a squeaky wheel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great 3 problems from you in the next long!!

1 Like

Just 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes