Should we have proper ordering of questions in Short Contests

I agree @vijju123 and i dont think people will ever ask for problem tags in the contests :expressionless: That’s the skill we look for and not identifying which is easy or which is tough.

Yeah I wrote this in comment but deleted it afterwards… About its not problem to div2 or beginners… I agree with u as well as with @vijju123… So let’s see admin’s review on it…

Though I have a fear that I won’t see last questions if they are already sorted… It’s exciting to find easiest by ourselves for me…
But I think we should give a chance to people who need it to be sorted to put their point and have a relook… As @vijju123 mentioned…

I don’t think no one will ever ask for problem tags in future. It is equivalent to asking for the solution. There is a big difference between order and question tag. Since we got a mixed response, let’s wait for more response from the community and the opinion of admin.

3 Likes

yeah but what I think is beginners have 1st question (which is practice for div1) and after they complete first one the no. of submissions make the questions sorted… so I don’t think beginners do need help… If we sort them then it is only for good programmers or for medium level programmers who can submit 1st one in 5-15 mins( and they are in div2) Or they are in div1…

so the BENEFIT OR CHANGE is only to whole div1 and top or middle level programmers of div2… not beginners…

That was a long contest. You had 9 days to solve. short contests are of 2.5-3 hrs and the person who solves first is ranked higher. So time does play a role.

in short contests, ties are broken by the time taken, and in case of long contest, equal scores means the same rank irrespective of the time.

Simple, because ALL problems have same weightage. Total time breaks tie here, and total time= “Time when solved p1 + Time when solved p2…”.

If you solve p1 and p2 in 5, 10 min respectively, your time taken is 5+(10+5)=20 min, and if you solve p2 first and then p1, in same time, you took (10+[10+5])=25min.

Doing harder first doesnt help at all, instead lowers your score.

You can actually use my have argument to say its even more important to have labellings xD

My stand on the issue is completely on the fence, i.e. perfectly neutral. I like the current system, and at the same time feel that change wont make much difference as its most impactful only in first 15 min of contest xD