Spamming in Top contributor's list

You both misinterpreted my answer. My intention was not that this guy asking question here because of karma points. My point was that why is he continuously asking such question that can easily be found on google.

I believe placing a cap on the number of upvotes can be a good alternative.

“If you cannot control the situation at the end of the month, just start controlling it right from the beginning”.

• utkarsh1997

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol. True, most of these guys emerge at end of month.

We got it @bansal1232. For that matter, no one even upvotes such trivial questions (at least that is what I have observed till date).

Plus I don’t even understand why people would try to gain laddus by getting more and more upvotes. I thought CodeChef was about programming contests and learning.

FEB17 is the first contest that I might win laddus in (My laddu balance is still 0!). And trust me, there is no more joy in winning laddus than winning it after using all your grey matter on solving that problem.

2 Likes

Ohk, got your point now. Sorry for misinterpretation and thanks for clarification :slight_smile:

What is grey matter?

Grey matter = brain cells.

But you could have Googled that. No need to ask everything here.

Restriction is 15 atm. That guy made fake id and made it write 2 answers and upvoted them with main id to make it eligible for upvoting.

“Restriction is 15 atm.” what does that mean?

I believe that means, “Restriction is 15 karma points at the moment”. While I do recall that there is a minimum requirement for having x amount of karma points to become eligible to upvote answers, what I don’t remember is what the value of x is. Maybe it is 15, maybe less.

@vijju123 please refrain from using unusual abbreviations that are difficult to decode. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I was referring to rating and not karma points in my answer.

Rating would be a bad criteria.

What if a user is very much active on Discuss by asking genuine questions and learning new stuffs from the answers, but cannot appreciate a good answer just because his Rating<K?

1 Like

I agree that multiple accounts or the same account voting a particular accounts is more likely to influence the rankings. I’m just saying that in addition to this, when people ask a simple problem, the top contributors list can be skewed as well.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with that point of yours :slight_smile:

My dear codechef mate : @utkarsh1997. My id here is legit. Kindly and kindly, if you look again, I’ve upvoted almost everyone’s answers from the top contributors list, considering I’d get to learn something new from it. Not used to commenting, but thought it should be brought to your dear information. Thanks.

2 Likes

Your fake friend has been suspended. Now the time of yours starts. So I advice you to stop doing such illegal act in future.

3 Likes

I was just pointing out possible cases, just the way I was pointed on to. Nothing personal. I just pointed that out because @harry1995 gets quite a lot of upvotes from you. Then again, as I mentioned in my answer, one cannot be sure just because of that.

Anyways I will edit my answer, as I am not 100% confident on what I wrote.

1 Like

@admin make the rule that anyone in top 5 must have at least 5000 rating in long challenge and same for cook-off rounds also and
…for the users who upvotes must have participated in at least 3 long challenges with sufficient rating.

Sorry dear, but its a bad idea. Ratings in a contest has and contributing in a forum should be treated separately. Further more, ratings in contest are no factor to measure a person’s honesty. One might be rated 5k and still be dishonest.

It would do more hard than good.

1 Like

My point exactly.