Suggestion: Limit the number of submissions for the challenge problem

@betlista: Yes. Is 30 seconds not an acceptable number?

@admin I think these kind of situations wont occur in short contests :\

You did not need to open 10 tabs. You could just open one tab, paste your code and click the submit button 10 times in quick succession.

@n2n_ >> He meant he submitted 10 times with minor tweaks in all. All being different from each other by some tiny things. NOT submitting the exact same code 10 times.

No, I think he meant that whenever he changed his code, he submitted the same code 10 times and noted the average score.

1 Like

Oh yes, my bad. Submitting the same code was hardly changing the score. The change was in the 2nd place after decimal that too by +/- 1/2.

@bugkiller << In my case the score for the same code could vary in the range of size about 70 points. Check for example my 10 consecutive submissions from 2152975 to 2152997 here. The minimal score is 9209 while the maximum is 9275. So submitting the same code several times was very useful for this problem.

1 Like

@anton_lunyov >> thats interesting then. I would really like to know how you approached by subsequent submissions, would also like everyone who got a score > 0.95 to share their ideas behind their subsequent algorithms; as I felt this problem was one of the best challenge problems yet.

@betlista, In short contests, if you get a compilation error, you get a penalty of 20 minutes. I think you can take a few extra seconds to remove the public modifier and then submit. Won’t take even 30 seconds, and saves you the penalty!! :smiley: