Credit Suisse Global Coding Challenge 3.0 2021 (Hiring : Full Time + Internship)

there are only 90 testcases…

1 Like

I know its not right. But can anyone please explain the sample test case of 9th problem. They did not explain it clearly. I am not able to understand what the problem wants us to do

The last problem is very unclear, Can anyone help me in understanting the problem statement?
Thanks in advance!

OPERATION :
In a simple language, you can pick any one of the elements from any one of the columns and any other element from other column ( keeping in mind that both elements should not belong to the same row ) and pass the minimum of them to any one of the elements of their respective column.

FINAL RESULT:
All the elements of each column should be equal to zero except one. And each one ( which is not equals to zero ) of each column should be in different rows.

1 Like

Discussing approach is not ethical for live contest. I can at max explain what the problem asks

1 Like

Thanks, the problem is clear now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is the explanation of Q5 example 2 correct?
In the first session, banker 1 will meet with participant 1 (fulfilling banker 1's preference), banker 2 will meet with participant 2......
why will participant 2 meet banker 2?

“So for each session, one participant can meet only one banker”- You missed this. In each session, some banker has to meet some participant. But if possible, they meet their preference.

banker 2 does not want to meet participant 2, participant 2 does not want to meet banker 2, then why are they meeting?

It never told he doesn’t want to. It says, he prefers meeting participant 1.

Assume for each participant, they want to meet a number of private bankers and similarly, for each private banker they want to recruit a number of participants.

if preference is not given, then it means they do not want to?

I solved the problem based on the fact that every banker or participant must meet some banker without being idle. Else it will lead to individual meeting for each and every participant as well as banker. So while meeting one’s preference, some banker meets non preferenced participants too. But at the end, everyone’s preference must be met

you mean to say that there should be meeting between every banker and every participant, as nothing like this is mentioned in question.

I solved that considering that fact as it was easy for my implementation. Anyways it won’t affect anything as atlast you need to meet everyone’s preferences

If we just need to meet everyone’s preference then isn’t banker 2 meeting participant 2 is wrong in explanation 2?

No it isnt wrong. As I said, they considered that some banker must meet some participant atleast.

how can they consider something not mentioned in question?

You can raise a ticket or consult some other participants. Maybe my idea is wrong and due to weak test cases it got accepted.

1 Like

How many questions we need to solve to get a summer internship offer/interview?

Obviously 9