UEM KOLKATA. Strange case

I got it… so, i shared…
thanks for ur comment… @utkarshg_1998

Even I faced the same problem…It was a formula based question and I used long long just to be safe but I got WA…

I did it with the data type “long int” which is enough… but still got WA verdict… so, apparently what you said is not the reason behind so many wrong verdicts though the solutions are correct… @sdssudhu

make everything int instead of long long int and try resubmitting again

May be it would get accepted then.But there is hardly any mistake in my solution.Our solutions are judged incorrectly.

1 Like

Not hardly … there is no mistake, your solution is totally fine. Test cases are bad. Input was not according to the given constraints.

1 Like

why using int instead of long long int will give AC ? This will reduce the time but can never be a logic behind getting AC.

It prints only one time in one testcase. Please see the code carefully.

int can easily store 10^8.However I used long long int just to be on safe side and why it will give wrong answer if I use long long instead of int ? using int can only decrease the execution time and can never be a logic for getting AC where long long int is giving wrong.

FYI try this after including limits.h

cout<<INT_MIN<<" "<<INT_MAX<<endl;

output: -2147483648 2147483647

int can easily store 10^8.

Anyway , I used long long int but that too gave wrong answer.

1 Like

You didn’t read the whole answer did you? or maybe I was not clear on my part.
Testcases were not correct, here output was according to int and somehow author has inserted 106 as the value of Xi which overflowed int and long int but not long long int.

TL:DR version : declare every variable with int or long int and you will get your answer accepted although logically it will be wrong but according to testcases it will be right.

1 Like

wrong testcases, that is why!

P.S. I have actually did that

Solutions with different combinations of data types and their verdicts : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

1 Like

Range of int I think is not upto 10^8 . I used long and I got AC . So using long long can give a WA only if int does not support upto 10^8 as long long easily can support 10^8.

yeah, because the setter wrote program using int and put test cases which were long long int.

cout<<INT_MIN<<" "<<INT_MAX<<endl;

output: -2147483648 2147483647

int can easily store 10^8.