Unofficial Editorial for ADAROOKS2-MAY-2019-LONG-CHALLENGE

Thanks for this nice and easy editorial :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am known for easiness and clarity…I believe every coding problem can be made very simple to understand , if we explain each part as if we are explaining it to a 5th standard kid, don’t you agree? <3

1 Like

sure… : ) …

1 Like

please try run my code to see my approach soln i cant understand why wont my soln be accepted
my approach is simple just print an arithmetic progression of dots with an O between each dotted term and watch for urself the pattern doesnt contain any rectangle and moreover am abe to fit in about 100N O’s in that NxN matrix given to us
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/24257412

I legit thought of this solution , my notebook is filled with that 8*8 diagrams and its the same but it was too late until i cracked it and also felt like it won’t give 8N rooks

Create a program to check if there is rectangle or not and never give up.
You are in 3rd/4th year in TCET?? Good to see you participating :slight_smile:
I am just a noob in 2nd-year,TCET :slight_smile:

yep I am from TE, which branch are you from anyway? @anon55659401

Tcet, cmpn-A. Entering TE this time :slight_smile:

I’m from CMPN-a too , one year senior to you tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Any tips for 3rd year ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Long challenge questions like these are time taking and useless. They definitely don’t improve your competitive programming skills to a great extent.

Everyone has a different opinion. They improve my algorithmic thinking a lot. For example, I am comfortable with 5/7 problems in Div-1 of this Long only because my thinking and observation skills have improved…

everything is going to change from this sem because of autonomy, so no clue xD !