Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

I would like to report plagiarism in solutions for ANTSCHEF by the following:

1. @guntupalli9 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
  2. @suru1907 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

This is worth a special mention because the accused denies any plagiarism just because he has wrapped everything in #define statements and jumbled up the order of lines in this formulation

Here is a post showing the breakdown: ANTSCHEF - Editorial - #35 by anon79442027

I would urge @admin to consider this as a serious offence

1 Like

@cubercoder making coincidence as cheat is not the right way. I am not defending me. As in-front of Internet the entire world is small. Same way of approach can be done by various people. I usually write code and changes it to #define statements that does not means I have copied the code.

I would like to report plagiarism in solutions for ANTSCHEF by the following:

https://discuss.codechef.com/t/antschef-editorial/83327/39?u=guntupalli9

@cubercoder can you please look into your code what you have written. You have just changed some variables and some lines to avoid plagiarism. Is this coincidence or did you just changed the code or you have written the code on your own.
@ cubercoder CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
@ chirag_1401 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
If you look into your code and the other person code you make get idea what you have changed:-

1. From line 11-16 you have just changed the if statement with pos as neg and neg as pos. If you look into the code of other person from line 10-14 the code is similar.
  2. In the line 16 you are just printing it by multiplying neg and pos and converting it into int. Where as in other person code he is just multiplying pos and neg.
  3. Similarly you changed the variables and if conditions. And just appending the list before and using it.
    Example:
    Your code:
    If a[][] is the initial variable.
    You are converting b=a[]. And using b[] which means a[][]
    Other person code:
    he is directly using the a[][]
    How intelligent!

I would urge @admin to consider this as a serious offence. Stop this kind of people who just shares the code to others or just copies from others.

1 Like

@guntupalli9,
In my public defense, perhaps you should look at the dates both solutions are submitted before claiming I copied the solution from something that was submitted 6 days after mine. (Is Tenet real?). Even the approach is different, I count all non-origin collisions twice (from 2 different sources, not just a fake multiply by 2 to make my code different) and adjust at the end.

guntupalli9 has been permanently blocked. Appeal can be made to help@codechef.com if needed.

6 Likes

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/41551824

ANTSCHEF

what is this code man @guntupalli9 wtf are you doing making learners not understandable

Telugu: ila enduku chestar ra mawa

12 Likes

This person will easily win ioccc.

1 Like

This man must have taken more time to write this code than solving problem :sweat_smile:

1 Like

and this is the real shit… :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello @not_known_1,
Sorry to say as each and every person has there own style of writing code. I wrote code in my style. If you are facing issue then it’s your problem. You can contact me if you can’t understand my code so i can explain you the code.
Don’t i have freedom to write code in my style…?

After the end of contest if you are still that much eager to learn code then I would like to write a new code which can be understandable in easy manner.

And first of all stop using the names not_known_1 and Profile name as unknown.

11 Likes

Yes @guntupalli9 , please explain me your code. I would love to see you explain your solution to this problem.

What you are calling as freedom is almost evidently a poor attempt at concealing plagiarism.

The most basic sign of plagiarism is failing a problem initially in a language, not because of the language but because of logic, and then suddenly coming up one day before the end of the contest and getting an AC in first attempt, in a timezone where it has been reported that there is mass plagiarism of solutions. I am not saying it implies plagiarism but it does offer a high correlation and anybody masking code in the way you have either wants to hide something or just watch the world burn.

Let me give you the benefit of doubt and say you want to watch the world burn. But if we look at your solutions and compare it with the logic and flow of other mass plagiarized solutions, it’s almost exactly same. 2 solutions matching can be a coincidence amongst 1000 of solutions. But a solution matching 100 solutions which are proven to be plagiarized implies it is plagiarized.

Coming to more evidence, it has been pointed out by others in the forum that there has been especially a large pool of plagiarism from KL university students. There is also the fact that most of the likes on your comment are from profiles that were created after your comment, perhaps with the sole purpose of liking your comment.

I am not sure what your purpose is of doing all this, because it’s not going to help you anywhere. If you are trying to do good at Competitive Programming to do well at interviews, nobody will give you bonus points for writing code they can’t understand or for writing code in your style. Unfortunately, Codechef @admin is very inactive lately in actually responding to plagiarism reports, but otherwise I would love to report your solution along with the sources of your solution

4 Likes

@cubercoder this is my explanation of my code.
Reading T //T → Testcases
Running loop from 0 to T:
Reading N // Distinct Lines in Ant Colony
Initializing a Xi
Initializing a freq (frequency array) // Finding frequency because the distance of this ant from 𝖮 is |Xi,j| to get positive value.
Running loop from 0 to N:
Reading M
Running loop from 0 to M and Reading the Values and appending in Xi and Checking frequency by making it to positive.
Sorting X array //As in the given problem statement there Xi,j so we are sorting up the Xi array.
sum=0
Running loop from 0 to N:
Running loop till the length of Xi array:
If the frequency of Xi,j is greater than 1 and value of that not greater than 0 then we will be adding up the sum with the inner loop value. Else we will be adding up the sum with innerloop+1 and subtracting the sum with len of array Xi.
If the frequency of Xi,j not greater than 1 then we will checking the lower bound and upper bound if the value is Less than 0 then we will be finding the upper bound else we will be finding the lower bound. And adding up the value to sum
we need to find number of values greater than 1 in frequency array and sum up the count with sum
print the sum

These are my references:

2 Likes

@guntupalli9 Wow, you think people will not find out?

Let me be more concrete and pick up one solution from another person from your university

1. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone (their solution)
  2. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone (your solution)

Now, the claim is that your solution is the same as this one, which is easy to see if one spends some time.

1. Start the flow of code from int main()
    s1 iosbase readt r1
  2. This r1 triggers the main function aants
    r1 loop1{q3 defco q1 q5 printcount}
  3. Then it is easy to see that loop1 is the outer loop, q3 is the first section till the first nested for loop, defco declares one variable count, q1 is the 2nd for loop, q5 is the last big for loop, and printcount is the last print statement.

I can elaborate further if required, but yeah please don’t try to defend your solution. I won’t be surprised if you delete your account now. Anyway, I am going to report your solution again. Getting away without saying a word is ok, but defending this is even worse.

@All, I am sorry for diverting this thread, but it just felt very inappropriate for someone to show off like this and misguide others. I will not reply more now.

4 Likes

I understand your concern, but nothing got rewarded for your encrypted code :joy::joy:.

Coming at my profile name and username my wish, codechef have given me freedom and this is my second account on which I will solve practice problems :smirk:.

@cubercoder I can understand your explanation for my code and anonymous person code. I can truly say I did not copy the code. I am not defending me or masking the cheat. If he or she gets the same idea of approach then that would be coincidence taking up the coincidences and making that as cheating is not the right way. As in-front of Internet the entire world is small. Same way of approach can be done by various people. I usually write code and changes it to #define statements that does not means I have copied the code.

@cubercoder can you please look into your code what you have written. You have just changed some variables and some lines to avoid plagiarism. Is this coincidence or did you just changed the code or you have written the code on your own.
@ cubercoder Solution: 41308571 | CodeChef
@ chirag_1401 Solution: 41553839 | CodeChef
If you look into your code and the other person code you make get idea what you have changed:-

1. From line 11-16 you have just changed the if statement with pos as neg and neg as pos. If you look into the code of other person from line 10-14 the code is similar.
  2. In the line 16 you are just printing it by multiplying neg and pos and converting it into int. Where as in other person code he is just multiplying pos and neg.
  3. Similarly you changed the variables and if conditions. And just appending the list before and using it.
    Example:
    4.Your code:
    If a[][] is the initial variable.
    You are converting b=a[]. And using b[] which means a[][]
    5.Other person code:
    he is directly using the a[][]
    6.How intelligent!

I would urge @admin to consider this as a serious offence. Stop this kind of people who just shares the code to others or just copies from others.

@guntupali9 If the code for ANTSCHEF is genuine and written by you and only you then coming to RCTEXSSC I have searched your code and found this code which is almost similar.
@guntupali9 Solution: 41557117 | CodeChef
@cyther123 Solution: 41543899 | CodeChef
Look how you have changed the lines and very similar code that you have written:

1. You have defined the function mod1 as an additional.
  2. Merging the lines of code into a single line such as (49-53) lines in @cyther123 code and 34th line on @guntupali9 code.

@admin please look at this issue and take serious action these kind of malpractice were getting common and ban these profiles immediately.

Thank you @admin by taking immediate action reported by @cubercoder on @guntupali9 .

1 Like

@admin I have found many K L University students were doing mass plagiarism and I am presenting some of the codes which were copied.

stardust9 | CodeChef User Profile for Vineetha Sammeta | CodeChef CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
pixiedust9 | CodeChef User Profile for Sindhu Konda | CodeChef CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

You can check the previous long challenges and rating of these two stardust9 | CodeChef User Profile for Vineetha Sammeta | CodeChef @stardust9 and pixiedust9 | CodeChef User Profile for Sindhu Konda | CodeChef @pixiedust9 were similar and share the codes everytime please take serious action @admin on these.

And coming to another profiles i wonder how these guys were submitting solutions by changing one variable and thinking not caught by codechef @admin on plagarism.

manvitha888 | CodeChef User Profile for 180030415 | CodeChef CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
karthikeya102 | CodeChef User Profile for 180030102 | CodeChef CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Regarding this issue karthikeya102 | CodeChef User Profile for 180030102 | CodeChef @karthikeya102 have copied the code of manvitha888 | CodeChef User Profile for 180030415 | CodeChef @manvitha888 and changed the variable negative to neg.
@admin I request you to look into these issues and take action immediately.

Look at his submissions. All plagiarized. You can find lots of cheaters bragging on LinkedIn. Bash them

I saw the submissions of Codechef SRM University chapter. All of them have copy pasted submissions and the same rank (maybe 339 or 439 cant remember). They deleted their posts after I confronted them. moving to cf and atcoder. codechef has become a joke now
Edit: for those of you who will reply saying MOSS takes a lot of time, doesnt it take a lot of time for codeforces, atcoder or topcoder. is moss slow just for codechef?