Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

@admin from our heart please accept one request , please do not make rating changes untill MOSS caught cheaters and updated ranklist either it take 10 or 20 days but please do not update , this is too much , sometimes it’s really frustrating and sad because users just cheat and then show off like they did very well and so much of hard work blah blah blah … Please consider this request , the genuine users have no issue with this ( I hope so) .

Sorry, that’s just not feasible, as the MOSS process, even in the best case scenario takes many weeks to complete.

2 Likes

Then do something else please because if this type of thing is going on , very bad for community , also one suggestion separate long ratings with total combined rating , and increase at least 2 short contest more .

Also , on each question if possible please write on top / bottom in RED color that CC takes very serious actions against those who cheat , at least 30 to 40% cheating will be less.

1 Like

I don’t understand why people are so much obessed with the rating, & also with the cheaters. Those who are cheating they are actually harming themself. Just leave them sooner or later they will understand. Codechef need to take care of lots of thing instead of just caring for cheaters.

2 Likes

So atlast you have understood after plagiarism 6 times.

3 Likes

Ofc yes.

Bruh its not only me many people out here uses multi accounts . I’m just smurfing on other one

i am not a big fan of reporting accounts for plag

but today i saw something weird

this guy

posted on linkedln about his great achievement during the contest but on seeing his solutions one can easily find that they all those "copied " solution(modified very smartly) which we have seen throughout the day …it gets more weird when i came to find that this guy is not even from IIT bombay he is just from college in UP… this is quite stupid of people to boast about themselves like this on social media

4 Likes

These are few of the many solutions for ADDSQURE in OCT Long Challenge 2020, that were submitted mere minutes before the end of the contest i.e. 3 P.M. on 12th of October.

All of them, many of them 3 stars and 4 stars coders, have submitted the exact same code!

It’s really disappointing that everyone’s running behind ratings when all of it is about learning.

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 11
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 7
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 3
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 6
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 2
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 6
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone 1
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

3 Likes

all these students are from my college IIT BHU and have copied the exact same code of ADDINGSQUARE from some unknown source.
here is their submission link:
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/38901934
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/38901443
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/38885277

3 Likes

There are 234 more solutions which have exactly same code. Thie solution was mass leaked.

2 Likes

I want to report a group of people with proof of their solutions submitted who have been coping codes and solving together only for the sake of increase their ratings while we all who are participating in a minimal amount but due to these cases of cheating our rating is not increasing as much it should be. Sharing the solutions of some who just started their coding journey with plagiarism and some who are doing this for a long time
Please put these in the link after https://www.codechef.com/ for viewing the code
Here some of the solutions in October Long term Challenge:-

CHEFEZQ

-viewsolution/38379531
-viewsolution/38435590
##Positive AND
-viewsolution/38470164
-viewsolution/38461647

Replace for X

see properly only name of one function or max one or two lines are changed.
-viewsolution/38614684
-viewsolution/38872359
-viewsolution/38659743
-viewsolution/38872756

Adding Squares

-viewsolution/38901916
-viewsolution/38897690
-viewsolution/38901702
-viewsolution/38879815

D-Dimensional MST

-viewsolution/38766084
-viewsolution/38901883
-viewsolution/38897807
-viewsolution/38902265

these are only of some but there are many more so please take an action among all who are cheating and make it fare for us to participate in the future challenges.

Global rank 15. gg

Yeah :woozy_face::woozy_face:

@admin please remove this user from the school ranklist (division 2). The institution mentioned in the profile is “Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Sangrur, Punjab, India” but it shows “Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram” in the ranklist.

already emailed (more than 4 times, same cheaters with copy pasted code), used this thread, created a new thread(which got unlisted by @akshitm16, ironically saying to report it @cc mail). idk what else i can do
hell, dont even bother to read this, just see the past few comments by shammi22 or veryfewac, not a things has been done.

Dont worry bro, they take some time but they will surely decrease their rating. Their system is slow, takes months to penalise

2 Likes

bruh you dont even need moss to see the noob level of plag they do

1 Like

are you sure? because its been atleast 3 months. dont say it takes a year please
edit: in this very thread you can find plags till july-august that are listed

Yes, it really takes 1 year. They panelised 2018 plagiarism just 3 months before. You shouldn’t expect to happen this before February atleast

2 Likes