Whatsapp Group of Competitive Programmers and Discussion forum

From discuss u can cover more doubts from more number of people… also U ll get a variety of answers for ur doubts… so discuss.codechef can be more useful…

1 Like

@vijju123 @taran_1407

But as I have some great whatsapp groups for programming in my college which really helped me to get one on one instant and on the go help and what topics to read to solve questions and various other strategies, hence I find whatsapp group to be a great place for small discussions.

Also that I have friends in other colleges too and they also have their own programming groups,hence I came with an idea of bringing all those students and group members together to help each other.

Anyone interested can join the group and we can for sure use this forum for discussions.

2 Likes

@vijju @taran_1407 @l_returns

I also like to add that many times we(2/3/4 star coders) don’t get reply in these forums I don’t know why.

And in whatsapp you can become somewhat frank and can do coding with making friends and fun.

1 Like

I like making friends… I actually have some friends… whom I never met but we became friends through codechef :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, afaik its most 0-2 star coders who dont get reply here. And thats either because of issue in asking (no question link, only a bunch of code ill-formatted) or because its something answered too many times earlier

That being said, I feel using this thread for posting questions and having discussion would be quite productive. I mean, I cant imagine myself typing that much on phone for one thing. What if you want to share a piece of code? Some things are a mess in phone,copy paste feature being one thing

You can become frank here as well. I dont remember myself saying you cant chill here.

Well @vijju123 we don’t post the codes instead provide links of codes and topics to study and motivating others. We also give questions so that novice coders can do it. And I asked some of the members and they are really appreciating my idea and want to help others.

Some said that asking again and again here seems awkward for them and it is easier in a chat form. Also you keep updated through notifications.

I think you should also try

I agree with your point also but I think it is all about two different opinions. Some are comfortable in a chat group(should be monitored) and some in forums.

We can start a discussion forum here also. The ultimate motive is getting help and helping others as much as possible.

I think every1 can have their own opinions.

I actually like the whatsapp idea,there’s nothing wrong in one more way to talk abt stuffs apart from discuss.

Whatsapp has notifications which makes it a bit easier,though i agree discuss is great in itself.

I really would suggest good coders trying out.

2 Likes

I thought its would have code sharing - thats why I preferred discuss. If its giving links and helping out like that, I think watsapp can also do good. Lets try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any Link For Any Of Such Groups ??

you can mail @vijju123 as he is admin.

U can mail @vijju123 ,he is the admin

1 Like

why people in codechef are so desparate ??
y do they ask solutions everywheere???
i think just by removing institute wise ranklist half of these cheatings can be reduced

2 Likes

Sir plz give me internship whatsApp group link
My email id -shubhigupta0207@gmail.com

I am sorry @vijju123 but I disagree with you at this point. Code is ill formatted. I’ll link you 2-3 questions which was asked by me and still I haven’t got any answer till date. Please tell me whether they are ill formatted

1. Code showing Runtime error on testing on google kickstart editor, while it is working on other compilers

2. Sorted Subsequences

3. Minimize Difference

4. Sequential Terms - Zauba Hiring Challenge

5. Overlapping Path Hackerearth - #5 by brij_raj

and many others are there.

1 Like

Haa

I looked at all the examples.

• For Sorted Subsequence there was no link to original question. So I feel its right for community to not respond there, because people ask questions from live contests as well in this manner.
  • Some of your questions are sadly interesting for only a subset of community. Like, the hiring challenge ones, or interviewbit exam one. Usually only people who appeared for those would be interested in solving those. I really do not know how to tackle it, but perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps.

That being said, you did receive lesser response than I would expect for your questions. I will work on what I and Codechef can do to resolve this issue and make community more proactive in answering.

1 Like

Yes I understand people asks here to cheat many of the times. I would also not able to provide you question link as you know the links expires when the contest end.
But as a student and pursuing masters, it has become utmost important for me to hunt a job. And these are the hiring challenges we face. Sadly I have the environment (my classmates) who are remotely interested in these. So I am left all by myself.
The only option left to me is to ask here hoping to learn from my mistake or learn the unknown. But it is heart wrenching to get this kind of response or no response at all.

Secondly, as you stated -“perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps”, so how should I modify my question?

1 Like

Secondly, as you stated -“perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps”, so how should I modify my question?

First describe the problem. Mention where you got it at the end. That way people read your question even if it doesnt suit your context - and if they find the problem interesting they will help.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll make sure next time. Meanwhile I’ll modify my posts.