Whatsapp Group of Competitive Programmers and Discussion forum

I am sorry @vijju123 but I disagree with you at this point. Code is ill formatted. I’ll link you 2-3 questions which was asked by me and still I haven’t got any answer till date. Please tell me whether they are ill formatted

1. Code showing Runtime error on testing on google kickstart editor, while it is working on other compilers

2. Sorted Subsequences

3. Minimize Difference

4. Sequential Terms - Zauba Hiring Challenge

5. Overlapping Path Hackerearth - #5 by brij_raj

and many others are there.

1 Like

Haa

I looked at all the examples.

• For Sorted Subsequence there was no link to original question. So I feel its right for community to not respond there, because people ask questions from live contests as well in this manner.
  • Some of your questions are sadly interesting for only a subset of community. Like, the hiring challenge ones, or interviewbit exam one. Usually only people who appeared for those would be interested in solving those. I really do not know how to tackle it, but perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps.

That being said, you did receive lesser response than I would expect for your questions. I will work on what I and Codechef can do to resolve this issue and make community more proactive in answering.

1 Like

Yes I understand people asks here to cheat many of the times. I would also not able to provide you question link as you know the links expires when the contest end.
But as a student and pursuing masters, it has become utmost important for me to hunt a job. And these are the hiring challenges we face. Sadly I have the environment (my classmates) who are remotely interested in these. So I am left all by myself.
The only option left to me is to ask here hoping to learn from my mistake or learn the unknown. But it is heart wrenching to get this kind of response or no response at all.

Secondly, as you stated -“perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps”, so how should I modify my question?

1 Like

Secondly, as you stated -“perhaps modifying the manner in which context is given can do the trick. Give the problem first and context later, that helps”, so how should I modify my question?

First describe the problem. Mention where you got it at the end. That way people read your question even if it doesnt suit your context - and if they find the problem interesting they will help.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll make sure next time. Meanwhile I’ll modify my posts.