Where do I start? [ Beginner Python Programmer]

I started programming in Python a while ago.

I know the basics of Python and am able to solve some of the problems on CodeChef (I started solving on CodeChef a month ago).

I would like to know:

1. Which concepts should I learn to gain more knowledge.
  2. Where can I get this knowledge?

Topcoder is great for using your skills

1 Like

You are asking the question in what you can do.You can go on practising in codechef itself.Knowledge is not limited,you will learn something new in everything.

1 Like

Thank you! I will check it out!

No, no I get that, and I’m doing that right now as well, but I want to learn new concepts like algorithms, etc. Hence I was just asking for a good resource to learn from.

I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Then try out dsa learning series and if any doubts google for the data structure and learn it.
https://www.codechef.com/LEARNDSA?itm_campaign=contest_listing
Geeksforgeeks would be better for a beginer.

1 Like

You should take part in whatever competitions you can and then upsolve those questions that you could not do. Just try to attempt questions that are slightly out of your comfort zone and you will definitely learn something new.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m doing. But it’s kind of demotivating when I don’t get a correct answer even though the code is right, and I have no idea what is going on.

Here you can try some of these problems if you are new to programming.

1 Like

If you don’t get a correct answer,then your code can’t be right.May be it might work for sample cases but mostly the sample cases given in codechef contests are given in such a way that they won’t be of any use.Yeah you can get some logic but there will be some cases which you need to think yourself,so it improves your critical thinking.So whenever you feel demotivating think about this point,

1 Like