Why do I get an NZEC?

provide link to the question also

1 Like

It might be because you have referred to out of bound index array (that ie, referring to index > len(array). I also got this error on first try :stuck_out_tongue:

It might be because you have referred to out of bound index array (that ie, referring to index > len(array). I also got this error on first try :stuck_out_tongue:

map(int,raw_input().split())

or

map(int,raw_input().split(' '))

Both are correct :stuck_out_tongue:

CodeChef is officially broken!.
They can’t fix there own mess! :sneezing_face::sneezing_face:

and btw, raw_input() doesnt work in python3 its for python2!

i keep on getting nzec error in all my programs i do copied a right solution but i am still getting same error, So please help me , Thankyou in advance.
here is the link of my code

I am facing the same issue for the python program.
The Question link is: CSUB Problem - CodeChef
Please help me on how to solve this error.

t=input()
t=int(t)
i,counter,l,v=0,0,list(range(0,t)),list(range(0,t))
for i in range(0,t):
    l[i]=int(input())
    v[i]=int(input())

for i in range(0,t):
    counter=0
    while(v[i]>0):
        if v[i]%10==1:
            counter+=1
        v[i]=v[i]//10
        #print(v[i])
    ans= ((counter*(counter+1))//2)        
    print (ans)

Error I am getting

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./prog.py", line 1, in <module>
EOFError: EOF when reading a line
1 Like

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone here is my code in python showing nzec error while submission . but it runs successfully with custom inputs ,why so?

1 Like

Dont know the reason but appently many python programmers are facing this issue
I would suggest switch to c++ or java

You need to come up with a better approach to solve it. The constraints on L and R are 1018. So recursion won’t work be it Python, C++ or Java.

For python 3 do I need to use raw_input() as well ?

NZEC error still unresolved. and the biggest problem is that you can’t check the output of your submission. I changed all reference of ‘input()’ (Python 3.6 code) to ‘sys.stdin.readline()’ but still the code is not working properly after submission. Works just fine for custom input. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

No , python 3 doesn’t even support that.
and don’t worry about white spaces as int(input()) will take care of that.

The thing is always assign your variable in global by assigning None to them. (this was my case once)

But still on clicking the submit button it shows nzec error