Why karangreat is suspended?

Even if he did that. Why are you calling it cheap ? I can’t understand :thinking:
It’s better than keeping code public on ideone. Because it will not at all spoil others contest. No one else will be affected in a wrong way.
It’s a mistake. Not a crime.
It’s not like he earned lots of laddus and money by submitting solutions from div2 ( is it ? )

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a mistake really…i never use online compiler for this reason.
Anyway, why didn’t his rating drop for being caught in plagiarism?

1 Like

None of them got ratings drop yet :sweat:

banning frm discussion coz of plagiarism in contest does not make sense
he might hav voilated any rule of discuss forum

I am calling this type of things cheap not his online ide matter .

I was talking about submitting from his another fake account.
Even though keeping code on ideone is a bigger mistake than submitting from another account.
But yeah it is also a mistake.
And I agree with Codechef for punishing him in either case.

1 Like

I was talking about that only.

ohh,yeah he must have recently started or wasn’t aware of the rules back then…
that’s fine he learned from it.

Might be… Who knows !!

We shouldn’t discuss publicly about anyone even though he is quite famous.
He will ping here after banning period is over if he wants to. Let’s close this topic here.
No point in discussing about why Codechef did that.
I am pretty sure that admin is more capable than us to decide how should he punish someone.
The reason will be appropriate for sure.
I don’t see any point in discussing the reason here.

1 Like

We all do mistakes. Don’t we ?

1 Like

Online ide matter can affect others. But submitting won’t affect much except he earns special prizes ( which is not the case afaik).

Sorry for that :pensive:

1 Like

Yes I should not use such words which hurts others feelings .

Yeah, this post should be closed. Everyone makes mistakes and the whole point of punishment is not to repeat the mistake again.

2 Likes

I think that this discussion is now slowly heading over to hot waters where we are discussing about someone - which isnt a good thing. I feel this thread should be closed.

7 Likes

This is a blatant lie. He was caught for plagiarism, and during the appeal phase, he was repeatedly lying. Making ridiculous claims which were obvious lies. He later confessed that both were in fact his accounts, and it was not an IDE issue, nor a mistake. It was a conscious decision of his.
Ratings drop happens after a while, and hence it has not happened for him as of now.

Such drastic measures are seldom taken, but when such falsities are being published, we feel forced to publicly state these facts.

37 Likes