ZIO 2016 Discussion

, ,

@xorfire Would be great if you also posted how to solve them(or some sort of hint) especially the first and second questions

Can anybody provide an explanation for 2 A?

Is it 36 or 40?

Most people have got either 36 or 40 in this thread. Which one is correct?

for first question just count the over countings. S=11011. if aSb=cSd then the string must have conjoined Sā€™s. see the possibilities.
for the second, i counted the possibilities of 0 R, 2 R, 4 R, etc.

@ZIO2016:
quedtion 3 can be solved by exclusion and inclusionā€¦any other method

@sanket1001 Question 3 can be solved using recursion, the recurrence relation being F(n) = n! - \sum\limits_{i=1}^{n-1} i! \cdot F(n-i)

1 Like

Guys the official keys are out! http://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/2016/zio2016/zio2016-solutions.pdf

1 a. 75   b. 175    c. 399  
2 a. 40   b. 52     c. 96   
3 a. 71   b. 461    c. 3447 
4 a. 13   b. 10     c. 12   

Getting 40ā€¦ class 11. Hope thatā€™s enough to make the cut.

1 Like

This is my first time and I did quite badā€¦ from what I remember of my answers Iā€™m getting only last question fully right. Can anyone suggest efficient and logical ways of solving the other questions? Even if I arrive at an answer Iā€™m not confident about it.

Hey does anyone know the cutoff for class 12 in this yearā€™s ZIO? I am getting 40.

When are the results supposed to come? The weekā€™s almost overā€¦

I think i wont get i solved the first and last problem perfectly
Wat is the cut off

how was the answer 75 in the first question it should be 80.

n any idea abt when the result would be declared?

Sweg level: āˆž

2 Likes

Can we have these problem sets for practice please in practice section of codechef? Please provide the link for aforesaid.

I think you must report this immidiately to madhavan sirā€™s email address.
It would be really sad to see the honest ones getting rejected and those retards getting selected and having no clue for INOI.

Report it. ASAP.
Things were bad for ZCO participants too. Compiler wasnā€™t working, yes, that bad.

Yes, these seem correct to me. I wrote a brute force yesterday, and that produced same results. So, unless we have common flaw in logic, it should be correct.

what?Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā `

1 Like

Let X_i = set of all strings such that 11011 occurs at the ith position.

So, for example X_1 is the set of all strings starting with 11011.

Now, the answer is number of elements in (X_1) U (X_2) U ā€¦, use inclusion exclusion.

2 Likes

@additya1998 Had this problem at our centre too. @lelouch007 , Do report it.