Does CodeChef have any Code Of Conduct?

I am new to CodeChef. I am not sure what can be considered as an improper conduct on this website. I do not want to be penalized for doing something unknowingly which is not the accepted behavior. Is there any such Code of Conduct?

44 Likes

You can see the updated version here: CodeChef's Code of Conduct | CodeChef

CodeChef is a playground for computer programmers. And just like any other sport, we too have some basic expectations from our users. Nothing stringent to worry about. These are just simple and small practices that all of you have been following, or if not, shall be following from now on. :slight_smile:

So, let’s get started:

• You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know by sending an email to help@codechef.com, so that we can deactivate the ones that you do not wish to use.

• If you encounter any problem during an ongoing contest, post it on the respective problem page. The problem setter will help you get over it. Alternatively, you can write to us at help@codechef.com. We will try and address it in the best possible manner.

• Queries related to any specific problem, after the contest should be posted on the editorial page of the problem on discuss. That’s the most hospitable place for your problem specific queries.

• If you are taking part in CodeChef’s contests, you must take good care of your code. Protect it from getting leaked, getting shared, and getting copied by your foes, friends, or just a random peer. It is your responsibility to provide it the safety it deserves.

• Avoid using any online IDE’s or code sharing sites like pastebin to share your code. In case you must, the responsibility of protecting your code lies solely with you. If you’re using ideone, you can read about protecting your code on it here.

• You guys write beautiful codes. Why ruin it by obfuscating it? Keep the real beauty of the code intact. Do not obfuscate it.

• Taking help or using a third party code is not bad. Passing it off as your own is. If you are taking your code from some other source, it is expected that you give the due attribution to the source in your code. It is mandatory.
    But in case you have missed giving attribution to a third party code, and you get caught in our plagiarism check, then you have the option of proving to us that this was indeed a publicly available code. Note that the proof of burden rests on you to prove beyond a doubt that the code which you used was available publicly before the relevant contest began.

• Do not ask or discuss any aspect of any CodeChefs’ problem during an ongoing contest on any other platform, online or offline. Discussion of strategy should be avoided during the contest and postponed till the end.

• You shall avoid sharing formulae, logic, or any other significant aspect of your problem, which can take your solutions under scanner and make you look untidy.

• You may try to solve a problem as a team, but then make sure that there is only one submission made for a discussed solution in a contest. Submitting the same solution (even algorithm) by the different members of the team or a discussion group is not fair and will be considered as plagiarism.

• Stay honest to the community. If you come across any wrongdoing, which hampers the decorum of the community on or off it, do report that to us. We will investigate the issue and take appropriate action to stop it.

• Do not try any dishonest means to move up the rank tables.

Not adhering to the above set of guidelines may lead to suspension of your account and/or reduction in your rating points.

60 Likes

Really?? Is obfuscated code a sin?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would suggest putting the Code of conduct in the Help (FAQ) Section on the Codechef site and providing a link to the same in the Rules section in each contest.

15 Likes

I sent a mail to help@codechef.com asking to deactivate my old codechef account. It was around a week back and the account is still active. Please do the needful.

2 Likes

All the cheating in janauary long seagrp

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

All exact codes for Sereja and graph.

what is the average time , each question can take to be solved during the contest ?

Are we allowed to put our code for past Contests say September 2014 on GitHub??? That’s public too but the contest is long gone.

2 Likes

any of the point which you have given above is not violating my any submission to make me guilty.
so please kindly check it out this problem and dont deactivate my account and dont drop my rating…

any of the point which you have given above is not violating my any submission to make me guilty.
so please kindly check it out this problem and dont deactivate my account and dont drop my rating…

1 Like

#include<stdio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
#define getcx getchar_unlocked
inline void inp( int *n )//fast input function
{
*n=0;
int ch=getcx();int sign=1;
while( ch < ‘0’ || ch > ‘9’ ){if(ch==’-’)sign=-1; ch=getcx();}
while( ch >= ‘0’ && ch <= ‘9’ )
*n = (*n<<3)+(*n<<1) + ch-‘0’, ch=getcx();
*n=nsign;
}
inline void inplong( long *n )//fast input function
{
*n=0;
int ch=getcx();int sign=1;
while( ch < ‘0’ || ch > ‘9’ ){if(ch==’-’)sign=-1; ch=getcx();}
while( ch >= ‘0’ && ch <= ‘9’ )
*n = (*n<<3)+(n<<1) + ch-‘0’, ch=getcx();
n=nsign;
}
int main()
{
int i,T;
long j,N,val;
long long int cnt,cnt2;
inp(&T);
while(T–)
{
cnt=cnt2=0;
//scanf("%ld",&N);
inplong(&N);
while(N–)
{
inplong(&val);
// scanf("%ld",&val);
if(val==2){
cnt2++;
}
else if(val>1){
cnt++;
}
}
cnt+=cnt2;
printf("%lld\n",((cnt
(cnt-1))/2)-((cnt2
(cnt2-1))/2));
}
return 0;
}

I am new user and can’t understand what is the problem to solve in the compitition.
Please help me in this aspect

2 Likes

@admin, i would like to inform you that i want to make a new account here so please if you can suspend my account.

1 Like

Am new user sandhya …right now Media.net off campus s gng on but i dono hw to do in this …am confused plz help me

Passing it off as your own is. If you are taking your code from some other source, it is expected that you give the due attribution to the source in your code. It is kind of mandatory. Do not ask or discuss any aspect of any CodeChefs’ problem during an ongoing contest on any other platform, online or offline.
for c programming training institute please visit the following link
c programming

My sincere advise to everyone please never use ideone.
I have invested so much time and my energy to solve sept long challenge 2016 and one stupid brainless guy copied my code as it is and due to that stupid guy my rating goes down to 4K from 10K.
His fake name was Rahul Bhatia and his original name was (Hardik Gulati) at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology and his handle is rahul1714.
His fb profile is (Facebook)
Beware of such stupid fellows.
for proof I m giving my code which i have submitted on 9th Sept
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
and he submitted exact code of mine on 15th Sept
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

And request codechef please change some rules for plagiarism cases because many innocent peoples have to suffer huge loses because of someunkown useless guy… :frowning: :frowning:

11 Likes

O.k I understood but I am a new on this site so I am not understood where I get the problems of cc and c++ in this site

i did’nt know how its happen"We will be dropping your CYPHER ratings and disqualifying all the submissions of your account on grounds of using false practice during CYPHER NOVEMBER 2016 . We found few of your codes similar with one another user and would like to have an explanation about the same from you" . but i do all the programme by my self.is there is any mean to prove me"like give different programme then make you realize that i am wrong panelized".

1 Like

yes. if u break any rule,result will reflect in ur profile,so be carefull,dont do cheating keep learning…

@admin, please if you can suspend my account.