You are not logged in. Please login at www.codechef.com to post your questions!

[closed] Public submission from ongoing contest

Hi everyone! I submitted my code of a problem from ongoing contest on Ideone, forgetting that code is made public by default. It took me nearly 5 minutes to change it to private. I fear if someone saw it and copied it. So I sent a mail to codechef stating that how I might be caught in plagiarism because of this. It's been 3 days and I have got no response. I hope they will respond here. :)

PS - This was first time I made submission of ongoing contest on an online IDE. I know it was a rookie mistake but I sent them mail as soon I saw my submission was public.

asked 07 Jul '16, 13:10

dushsingh1995's gravatar image

4★dushsingh1995
accept rate: 11%

closed 19 Oct '16, 22:35

Rare chance of anyone copying ... as it was public only for 5 min ... prefer using codechef ide during contest to avoid accidental mistake

(19 Oct '16, 22:07) smsubham3★

@smsubham - It was for JULY16 contest. :) But what really surprises me is that people think that people who cheat see submissions of past 2-3 days on ideone. Don't you think that there are too many submissions considering so many code are submitted on ideone every hour? I feel they check recent submissions(I am not sure because I haven't tried this :P).

(19 Oct '16, 22:34) dushsingh19954★

The question has been closed for the following reason "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by dushsingh1995 19 Oct '16, 22:35

If it was up for just 5 minutes then believe me, the chances that anyone looked it up in those 5 minutes are almost negligible.

link

answered 07 Jul '16, 13:27

thezodiac1994's gravatar image

6★thezodiac1994
1.0k61122
accept rate: 16%

I wish the same happens.

(07 Jul '16, 15:48) dushsingh19954★

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported
  • mathemetical formulas in Latex between $ symbol

Question tags:

×2,475
×710
×480

question asked: 07 Jul '16, 13:10

question was seen: 1,175 times

last updated: 19 Oct '16, 22:35