Codechef Submissions very slow

Is there something wrong with the codechef servers?

I’m attempting the May 17 questions and submission is taking around 3-5 minutes. I’m also receive “Internal Error” often. My internet connection is working perfectly fine as other websites load fast enough. Has anyone else been facing this issue?

It surely doesn’t feel good to have your heart rate raised for 5 minutes only to see a Wrong Answer message :frowning:

Edit : problem resolved.

16 Likes

yeah I think so

Mine has been running for 24 minutes now.

3 Likes

same happened in IOPC17 (IIT Kanpur Techkriti). Codechef should really look into this issue (if they haven’t already!)

2 Likes

mine has already taken 21 minutes!! Codechef should have a look at this.

2 Likes

Waited 20 minutes just to see two WA’s :frowning:

1 Like

my submission hasn’t been judged … that was submitted half an hour ago …

1 Like

Now they are showing an error page that says:
We are not able to process submissions, there is some issue with our judge server. Please bear with us. We will be back soon.
I hope they will resolve it as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Mine has been running for past 48 minutes .

Hope it judges within an hour.

I faced the same problem in BitMask '17…two of my submissions took half an hour(even more)… although i got AC in both of them…but points are not awarded in the ranklist…what’s the issue here??

3-4 mins only?? This is usual. Mine has taken over 1 hour now on 2 problems.

Codechef is global platform
Please bear with them, I hope matter will be resolved soon :slight_smile:

Codechef is global platform
Please bear with them, I hope matter will be resolved soon :slight_smile:

mine has been for over an hour. still bugging me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally someone created a thread for this! I thought i was the only one.

The problem page/contest page takes so much time to load, not to include those Internal errors.

Somehow i submitted a solution for one of the problems, and then-

Me: *Anxiously waiting* 
"Running..." 
ME: *Waiting even after 5 min for the result*
"Running...."
Me: *At 7th minute*  -_- No use waiting. My code passed the sample test cases anyway, must be an AC.
Server: *After 30sec* : WA, 0 points.
Me: WTF?!

After that i took a break lol. Since its time consuming (and i got finals tomorrow), i thought its better to get back tomorrow. Most probaby they might issue a notice that “Servers would be down/wont accept submissions” from 2-5am (during which they carry out repairs, if any). [It happened in March/Aprils LONG, cant remember when exactly.]

PS: Is anyone else also getting green ticks when at PROBLEM STATEMENT page, even when your solution got WA?

EDIT: The internal server error seems to have reduced. Anyone else can confirm?

EDIT 2 - This issue has resurfaced. My submission has been running since eternity lol. Wish i could give a TLE to judge… (-_-)

3 Likes

i hate this ; my submission is in the queue since an hour cant work on that problem also coz i donno whether its correct or not or tle or sigsegv …lost interest in solving just because of this

1 Like

I just have my account created and being prepared for a day. This is my first challenge, but not lucky enough to experience it.

It is not only slow but the server is also down. You can’t even submit a Practice problem until now.

finnaly its all finetrecchinamandiri

It is really irritating. @admin Please resolve it asap as End Sem exams are approaching in most of the colleges and no one wants to waste time on submission page.

1 Like

What happened to the judge… mine is running since 10 minutes… Can anyone tell what happening there??