7★ gennady korotkevich aka tourist is alien

i saw his last performance at Codechef on June lunchtime yesterday and i was literally not able to sleep last night. i passed last night by researching about his journey which was more incredible than this . i won’t go too much in the past, just wanna share his last performance where he made his first submission at 8:18pm and finished the contest at 8:29pm, man this is insane. i know that lunchtime started at 7:30pm but till ignoring the first submission he was able to solve rest of the 4 problems in approx 11 minutes and this is div 1 contest.
so looking at this performance i can conclude that he is not from our planet.

11 Likes

He probably would have solved all the problems first and submitted them one by one at the same time. He is known for using this trick in the past.

22 Likes

but still he was able to solve all the problems in 1hr. i mean is it obvious that div1 problems could be solved in 1hr .

1 Like

He has also solved many 8 problem codeforces contests in 1 hour which are tougher than codechef div 1.

11 Likes

Not surprising… Gennady is a legend.

9 Likes

really 8 problems codeforces contest in 1hr man now i think he is supreme breed among all aliens this is completely insane you are at 5 star don’t you feel going mad when you look at such performance or it happens quite often

2 Likes

Codechef is much easier platform compared to codeforces. Generally it is quite easy for legendary programmers of cf to complete codechef contests easily.
Watch this stream: Codechef Lunchtime Feb 2017 screencast - YouTube

1 Like

Bro just stop saying gennady is alien alien, the practice all matters, if u already read about his journey that u definitely know that he practice since from age 12 , or rahi baat dusro ko crazy ya mad feel karvane ki , bhai apna kaam kro sab apna apna kaam krte hai , or ha time ki ek khaas baat hoti h wo hamesha change hota hai , so keep doing your own hard+smart work ho skta h ek din tum bhi wha pahucho.
koi bhi aadmi bhut jyada dino tak ek jagah nhi rah skta for ex : bill gates ek samay me 1st no. me aata tha ajj 3rd pe hai , so bro stop saying this and keep your work hard.
mast algo pucho yha bhut acche coders hai help krenge.
God bless :slight_smile:

16 Likes

He is doing it since he was 11/12…age…in an environment filled with GrandMasters of Russia…Now he is 25 . So 14 years of experience…and we have 1-0.5 years experience. So no, we don’t go mad. We look at him as our inspiration :slight_smile:

10 Likes

karan kl wale question me help kro na…kteki2c wala

I did not see it . I’ll check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you consistently do cp for next-15 years, I guarantee you will get great results as well(aka alien mode) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Question : KETEKI2C
My solution : My_Solution
it gives TLE i saw some of the code i m not able to understand any one of them.

mangal grah ke prani bolo bro :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I don’t think all the reason for tourist performing so exceptionally is that he has been doing it for 14 years. Just look at his records. He won IOI at such young age. He became red on CF 8 years ago. He has something exceptional. Just doing cp for 15+ years can’t make you tourist.

13 Likes

I agree. But if someone tries hard for 15-years…he can get top-50 ranks here and there for sure :slight_smile: Thats my opinion.

3 Likes

he qualified it at a age of 11

3 Likes

It means he might be doing it since 8…

I think so, His parents were also programmers, So that must have helped him.

3 Likes

Anyways, lets put more focus on ourselves ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes