A green mark for solved practice problems

The practice section of Codechef has lots of problems, specially “easy” ones. So the people who want to practice problems, find it hard to keep track of which problems he/she has solved, and which he/she failed on.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have some way to distinguish between “solved”, “wrong-answer”, “TLE” and “not-attempted” problems for each user inside practice section?

Like there can be a column to show green-tick for solved problems, or the entire row background can be made green.

This will motivate new users to solve more practice problems.

24 Likes

Hi, the idea of marking also TLE and WA is interesting, I’ll try to modify my Chrome extension in future. Please take a look on my CodeChef strike chrome extension.

37 Likes

I use this Greasemonkey script for firefox
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83293

Just install Greasemonkey add-on for firefox, then open the link and click Install script. The link also shows an example screenshot

3 Likes

This is totally awesome!! Take a +1000 upvotes from me. Just what I needed. Works like magic and installation is breeze. The idea of green and yellow ticks is what I had imagined, but not expected. Thanks :slight_smile:

It is an awesome extension :smiley: Thank you so much for it!!!

Would you consider adapting your code to work on firefox as well?

2 Likes

Good idea, it should be 99% same code, so it should be without problem. I’ll try :wink:

1 Like

@betlista can you post the link of the firefox addon which is similar to yours chrome extension because your chrome extension looks better than greasemonkey script.

it is really a nice extension thanks alot for this extension

@vinayak garg: version that shows also last unsuccessful submition (1.4) is available :wink:

1 Like

its not working…it isnt marking the problems i have done till now.

Are you using Chrome? Did you followed instructions on CodeForces? Are you logged in? I’ll help you, write me message on CodeForces or FB.

@betlista: version 1.4 is not working for me :frowning: On practice page green/orange tick are not shown. But on the problem page the tick (next to title) is visible.

I want to go back to 1.3. Please maintain download links for older versions as well.

There is no change with this in 1.4 and it works fine for me, but I’m not using my FB account. All previous versions still available, only the links are not public, but you can simply try, replace 1.4 with 1.3.1 (actually server where the extension is, is down, I going to fix this today).

1.4 doesn’t work for me either. I’m using the latest version on Chrome. No ticks are shown in Practice nor on the Contest page. Having the previous version will be better.
Thank you!

@betlista : I’m not able to download. I think server is down?

Not able to download :frowning:

@betlista >> The link given there wont load the page, dunno why.

down.betlista.net is not opening.Any alternate links…

i am unable to download .It says The requested URL was not found on this server.

http://codeforces.ru/blog/entry/down.betlista.net/codechef-strike/codechef-strike.zip

links is fixed

1 Like