A suggestion for Long Challenge

Bhai tum sab kitna faltu arguement karte ho. Isse accha koi problem banalo

2 Likes

I have many resons to disagree with your suggestion, but I am too lazy to explain them all. I’ll just say what I think is the most important point:

A contest is that … a contest. Of course, a contest may have other interests like teaching / learning or socializing, but first of all it is a competition. Regarding specifically to your suggestion, it’s exactly what you can do on the 11th day of the competition; you can just read the prerequisites on the editorial and try to solve the problem with that information. I understand if you say that is not the same if the competition is over, there’s a leak of motivation … well that’s exactly the same discouragement that someone who is able to solve the problem without reading the prerequisites would say about your suggestion … it’s not the same if others receive hints he didn’t need.

12 Likes

You are actually saying to add a new rule which says cheating is allowed.

I m absolutely agree with your idea even the people who started looking for direct solution even after one day may get the pathway that where they should learn something.

No i don’t Agree with this… A problem is not supposed have just one answer from a only one particular perspective, and if it is unique you should be able to spot it (right?) (Like you know FFT thing.). giving away a generalised method hints will drive everyone to code using the same approach.

Better not worry about MOSS, just write your own codes

1 Like

Problem ban gaye jo banne the, ab bohot time pada hai argument karne ke liye XD

2 Likes

bilkul shi 5 din se kuch nhi ho rha is contest me ab to hath khade hain

Actually this post is kind of right.
Why Long Challenge?
So that we can learn what we don’t know along the contest that’s why it is of 10 days.
This is not actual competition.
Short contest are more of competition material.
Also there could be provision that if you want then only prerequisites will be displayed and points of this question would be slightly decreased for you.

Getting stuck at a problem and thinking for many days…sounds like a great way to enhance problem solving. But yes…they might mention prerequisites in some of the last days of challenge, so that it would be a perfect mix of problem solving and solving in a given direction.

us comment me mai apni baat kr rha tha… :no_mouth:

Yeah sorry, I didn’t read it properly

yeah that’s a good idea

Not at all a good idea. Besides, some topics have specializations or things that don’t even look like it. For example, if a problem uses SOS DP, do you straight up say DP in the list? Or do you say SOS DP? The latter is basically a hint, but the former ain’t gonna help anyways.

1 Like

Div2 me to maje aa rahe hai, shayad Div1 me bure haal hai sabke

2 Likes

One solution : Codechef should separate long rating from other too and very strong plag for atleast top 300 participants in div 1 (as they give prize money for div1 only ).

It’s already separate

1 Like

Great Idea. :bulb:

@balakrushna @vinitraj412 Bhai bahut din o baad discuss mein ek dang ka post mila

3 Likes

Really dude!!! You solved 5 problems in just 1 hour without a single wrong submission and you are talking about wasting many days. Don’t you know that using two accounts, in a contest, isn’t a good thing?

Edit: hey @mob_100 as I can see you removed your post which makes me definitely sure that you are also a cheater. So please don’t give lecture here how we can improve long challenge, as you are one of them who ruined it.

2 Likes