A tough long challenge?

Is it only me or you guys also think this long challenge is difficult than last time…as in prev. long challange i was able to solve 5 problems completely and one partially…but this time i was only able to solve 3 completely and one partially :sweat_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

As I’ve noticed, challenges when Alei is Admin(odd months) are tougher compared to others.

13 Likes

ohh! i didn’t knew about that! Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3 Likes

bro absolutely______ this contest questions have been f**king with my mind from the beginning
it’s kind of demotivating to get stuck in the third problem for 2 days.

3 Likes

Same here brother ! But the time we are putting in these questions will be worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ya for sure :grinning:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Everyone isn’t of the same level bro! Moreover, everyone is/was a noob at a certain point!

3 Likes

The problems may be a little bit difficult, but in my opinion they’re really interesting compared to previous Long Challenges

9 Likes

I agree. All the problems are less implementation, more idea based. EQDIV is the deal-breaker in Div 1.

4 Likes

actually thats the fun part of long challenge

4 Likes

I wished to learn to implement algorithms in long challenges, not just solve some case work puzzles for some enjoyment :frowning: .

4 Likes

I definitely agree with you. I am just happy that this one isn’t as much of a nightmare as the july challenge.

4 Likes

i think after May long challenge(toughest i think),this is also good one…

1 Like

True, most problems are observation based and math based :frowning_face:
I expected to see some good graph , dp problems that i could solve, unfortunately, these guys have put them at the very bottom. Can’t even bother to look at those having only about 50 submissions till now :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Yes, but they shud include more algorithm based problems, rather than just observation based. Too many problems have math this time. Math with some algorithm is acceptable, but only math !! I don’t think any algorithmic knowledge at all is involved till Eqdiv problem. August Lunchtime & CookOffs were a wonderful contest as compared to this, as it had problems covering all domains (and of decent difficulty)

1 Like

Why not? You should at least read them and think about them if you have time.

2 Likes

I was only able to solve first two questions :frowning:
Though I haven’t study DS &Algo yet (3rd Sem Student).

1 Like

One more fun thing to add, whenever alei is the author of the challenge question , don’t expect more than 60-80 people solving it to get some score.

2 Likes

Exception in Feb

In Nanobots (May), he made the problem tougher by including this statement-

Ada programmed the nanobots to perform K=min(V,H) shots. Help Ada write a program that uses a strictly smaller number of shots.

I believe the number of AC solutions would have been more if this condition wasn’t there.

2 Likes