About a question named as order by xor in the contest starters 83

Respected sir/ma’am,

I guess this question has lesser details in it, as it is mentioned that x can be any number from 0 to 2 to the power 30, but if we carefully observe that it is not mentioned that x can’t take values of a, b or c. But for a test case a=1, b=3, c=2 we can see that if x is considered to be 1 then it satisfies the condition given in question which is (A⊕X)<(B⊕X)<(C⊕X) which implies that (1^1)<(1^3)<(1^2) which implies that 0<2<3 which is true. But the test cases accept -1 as answer for it.

Also the question is not accepting anything other than 0 for the condition where a, b and c are sorted in ascending order which contradicts tthe question which says that we have to output any value of x.

Kindly look nto the matter as I submitted the correct solution almost 1 and half hour before contest ends but despite of my solution being correct, it was given incorrect, which brought me a little disappointment in me. Due to this I couldn’t attempt 4th question and my rank won’t increase now, how it would have been.

I hope you look into the matter personally and as soon as possible. My code is attached below.

Yours sincerely,
Tanmayee Gosavi.

#include <iostream>

#include<bits/stdc++.h>

using namespace std;

int main() {

// your code goes here

int t;

cin>>t;

while(t--)

{

long long int a,b,c;

cin>>a>>b>>c;

if(a<b && b<c){

long long int temp=log2(c)+1;

cout<<pow(2,temp)<<endl;

}

else if((a>b && b<c) || (a<b && b>c)){

if(((a^a)<(a^b)) && ((a^b)<(a^c))){

cout<<a<<endl;

}

else {

cout<<-1<<endl;

}

}

else if(a>b && b>c){

long long int temp=log2(a)+1;

cout<<pow(2,temp)-1<<endl;

}

else{

cout<<-1<<endl;

}

}

return 0;

}

Why do you feel that it accepts -1 for that case? My code passed the testcases and it doesn’t output -1 for 1,3,2

Submission for reference.

My another version of code passed too but it given output -1 on 1,3,2. Hence, I’m confused about the test cases. Will you please check once and let me know ?

I’m afraid that your other code is wrong too, and it passed because the checker was incorrect for this problem!

Just printing -1 works lol.