@admin have a look at it

There are many profile exist like these who complete all the questions in one go and still there…I am not able figure it out if plagiarism checker of codechef dont work well or these peopleare really that smart.

3 Likes

You can’t accuse anyone on the basis of submission times, they might have tested their solutions thoroughly before submitting.

5 Likes

@cubefreak777 It can be possible for one problem or two but for all the problems? also check there rating increment…after 3 contest they are in 3 star.

Yeah I agree with you, I know it’s very unlikely for a low rated participant to solve all problems in one shot but still we don’t have a concrete proof yet.

@cubefreak777 I doubt if it still need any proof. Check 2nd image the person manage to solve 4 problems just in 10 minutes and Here I am stuck in same problem from last 2 days :tired_face:

1 Like

But there’s still a very slim probability of this happening, we can’t neglect that. You can report them tomorrow after the submissions are public and their submissions are found to be same as the publicly floating solutions or any other.

This benefit of doubt will cost some people very heavily.

2 Likes

If it interests you, a more accurate method to find cheaters is to group the AC submissions of a particular problem on the basis of memory usage. Most plagiarised solutions have about the same amount.

2 Likes

Yes even me, I have seen soo many people submitting 4-5 problems under 15 mins and here I am stuck on 4th problem from 3-4 days, and many of those was their first or 2nd contest

1 Like

he submitted 7 problems under 25mins , without any prior contest experience

4 Likes

Words of a sage :om:

Yes of course it might, but what solution do you have for this?even if we accuse them then they can just get away by giving the excuse I mentioned above, then how will you respond to that ?

I think we can’t do anything regarding this. And I would say that we shouldn’t waste our time thinking about these things. These cheaters will get their prizes at the time of their interviews in companies.

2 Likes

The only solution which I think is to make Long challenge rated only for Div 3 who want to get hang of kind of problems in contests. Then whoever are cheating will be able to get rating only in one contest at most because after that they will be in Div 2.

4 Likes

Yes it would be the best thing to be done, considering the situation.
@admin please look into this issue.

1 Like

Just see total submission for ISS, its more than 1383+ , Even after thinking for days I can’t figure it out but AC submission for ISS is growing EXPONENTIALLY.
I just know one thing if a person haven’t solved any practice questions or contest questions before and is solving all THESE QUESTIONS then there can be only two excuses for that-----first he might be some experienced coder and is using NEW ID or He is cheating…
If we take first reason into consideration then where are these guys during other 2-3 HRS contest…
Might not all are cheating but MOST ARE…

@admin I had a look over the last 50 solutions or so for modular equation and except 2-3 all of them have the exact same code while some people have added some useless lines in between to avoid being caught . I am sure from the extent of cheating more than 90% people have submitted the same code after changing names or variables .While same could be true for other questions as well

2 Likes

Damn, that’s Unreal. he completed 10 days long challenge within 3 hours, wow;

Many of my college mates simply watch those videos on YouTube during the contest once they know the logic code isn’t difficult that’s how they pass the edge cases as well
In short codechef soon gonna lose the popularity that it has if this thing is not stopped

2 Likes

The only solution to these problems is to make long challenges non rated many people do only long challenges and copy solutions as they are easy to come by and then put it in their profile
I haven’t seen much plag in short challenges but yeah it is there as well
The only thing this would do is reduce the plag better than before

1 Like